Carol

o
RE: Dior

Favourite color!

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Mon, May 17, 10 at 10:19

Compared to how it's size compares to the leaves, it does look like a very large bloom. Very nice!

o

Christian Dior has been around for a while. Beautiful large blooms. Alas, no scent. But the pure beauty of the blooms can be overwhilming. An old preacher brought over a vase full last week and asked me to root him up a couple. He got them from his parents old farm in the mountains. He doesn't want to loose them. He told me the bushs were over 40 yrs old. I hope I can get at least three to root (More would REALLY make me happy. I've got 13 in starter pots). I would LOVE to have one of the origanils in my garden.

o

It's a beauty of a red rose, Carrie! :) So often when I've seen photos of it, its sheer beauty makes me pause to drink in its loveliness . Thanks for sharing yours!

Ken, sure do hope you get plenty of this sublime rose to root for your preacher friend. Sounds like it really brings him fond memories. And one for you! :)

Debbie

o

Very pretty---Love the color-----

Ken --I do hope you are able to root some of these cuttings---Sounds like it would mean so much to your friend---

Please keep us posted--

Florence

o

I planted this rose in a municipal garden. It is an early bloomer. The red is brilliant. But there are few petals and little to no form. I just don't understand it. We take good care of it.

Your rose looks nice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here