iris_gal

Colette looking coquette-ish

iris_gal
13 years ago

Colette cl.

Comments (14)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

That looks pretty. Do you have a shot of the whole climber?

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Very nice.

• C Schaffner
    13 years ago

Very pretty

• rootygirl
    13 years ago

She is gorgeous! Is she disease resistant for you?

• iris_gal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bustopher ~~ she has been kept as a sprawler and my larger shots looked lousy.

Rootygirl ~~ she'll have one leaflet with a little blackspot - it doesn't seem to spread tho. She's in the path of the wind which may help keep disease away.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

That is gorgeous!!!! That's my favorite color for roses!! I'm really hoping for better this year with my Colette. I'm even wondering if it is Colette - the flowers were about 2 inches. And they sure didn't look like yours does. Maybe just a first year thing.

Thanks for the beauty!!
    Carol

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Wowwwwww, so beautiful! And I read that the Climbing Colette is like the rest of the Meilland roses, so fragrant.

• vuwugarden
    13 years ago

Wow! What a great looking bloom! I'm not familiar with this rose. Is it more peachy or pink? I luv pinks!

Audrey

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Gorgeous!!

• seil zone 6b MI
    13 years ago

Very lovely!

• iris_gal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. They are appreciated.

Canadian Rose --- I was so disappointed the first year with this rose. Flowers small and very apricot. Not a touch of pink. Now it will have apricot-pink as well as pinker flowers at the same time. In the same cluster! And of course the first flower of the cluster (mine don't open all at once) is the largest.

I looked at the leaves more closely for disease and it is some of Evelyn's foliage leaning over that has the blackspot. Colette seems be very disease free in my no- to seldom spray regime.

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

iris gal, that is a truly beautiful shot of 'Cl. Colette'. Love it! Great that she is disease free for you! For me in my organic no-spray garden the disease resistance of a rose becomes more and more important. Why not growing healthy roses in your climate if they are available, instead of bothering with the sickly ones?

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Christina, I wholeheartedly agree were it not for my addiction to the form of HTS. A lot of the gorgeous and very fragrant Antiques like Colette I drool over and they are far more healthy than the popularized roses, but sadly, tons of climbers that are Antique cannot grow in my zone or they are once-bloomers or have infrequent flushes in my colder zone. I love looking at photos like these because I hope that other organics people who can grow these roses will grow them. Again, Iris Gal, absolutely stunning!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Iris gal - so I guess I should give it more time. Yours is truly beautiful!!!

Carol