Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally getting some blooms

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 0:37

Yay! They're finally beginning to open up!! 'Bout time!

BLUE FOR YOU - new baby from EuroDesert Roses
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

ELSIE MELTON

MON CHERI

PAPA MEILLAND

SOUTH AFRICA

TAFFETA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally getting some blooms

Your photo of Taffeta is lovely.

o

Veeeeeery beautiful Beth! I say a Huge Hooray for us too that we get to see your new season's roses. YIPEEEEEEEE!

Papa Meilland looks heavenly! I always here that he's got awesome fragrance, but this has got to be the tops of the photos I've seen of him.

I've always wanted to get some Eurodesert roses, but there really isn't too much written about fragrance and BS resistance, so I end up too chicken to order anything. The colors of Eurodesert roses are quite dazzling but it's hard for me to choose a rose if I don't know the fragrance and BS resistance. Any favorite, strongly fragranced Eurodesert roses?

I love the pinks and the shapes of Elsie Melton and Taffeta is like sheer elegance!

o

Oh Beth. I knew I shouldn't have looked at your post. Blue For You is fabulous but aren't Cliff's roses all fabulous.
Taffeta is pretty too. Don't know how you take care of all those babies but you do a great job.

Thank you!
Carla

o

Congratulations on your new roses! Blue For You is wonderful, and I love South Africa.

Masha

o

Beautiful roses Beth. Ours are starting to pop open too! YAAAAA!!

o

what a joy when the roses begin to bloom---They are worth waiting for.

I love all of them.

Florence

o

I really like Blue for You and Elsie Melton.

Serena, why don't you write Cliff Orent at EuroRoses an e-mail and tell him what you're looking for. I'm sure he can steer you toward some roses that would work for you.

Ingrid

o

It looks like yours are off to a good start. I also bought a Blue for You along with a flock of others from Eurodesert. From your picture of it, I am wondering how close to the color of Rhapsody in Blue your Blue for You is. I don't know if you have Rhapsody in Blue, but I have seen it although I am not growing it because it is supposedly more of a cool, coastal rose. I am thinking that Blue for You and Rhapsody in Blue would make a nice bouquet together.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 23:32

Thanks everybody!!

Serena, Cliff doesn't put all the roses' info on the website. I believe he actually mentions looking the roses up on HMF. It will give more info. Altho Ingrid's suggestion of emailing him about specific roses is a good idea. Cliff's really nice and I'm sure he can give you ideas about what roses might be what you're looking for.

Thanks so much Carla! Sometimes I feel like I'm just not going to be able to keep up with all these roses, but I do my best to get out there. This yr the weather has been a hinderance. And yes, Cliff's roses are fabulous! I think I ordered about 15 from him this last time. Yikes!

Bustopher, that shot of BLUE FOR YOU certainly doesn't do it justice. And yes, it does look very close colorwise to RIB. They'd be wonderful together.

o

Drool, droool, drooooooool, Beth and Ingrid I am in trouble now! I promised Jim that when 2011 came around I wouldn't ever! get past 29 roses because my next lucky number is 92, LOL! Now I am creeping dangerously toward my 29 roses and it isn't even 2011 yet, YIKES!!! The dangers of seeing Beth's beautiful roses, hahahaha! I'll be sure to check in with Eurodesert roses then!

Beth we too are getting slaughtered by the rains. It's like sheesh, it's a repeat of last fall, cold and blasted with rains. Fragrant Cloud is still opening up its blooms faithfully but I don't see how with all that rain we keep getting plastered with. We're not supposed to be getting any blackspot in the spring, but the way it's been raining.....eeeeee! Not even the knockouts are blooming yet.

o

Oh Boy!!! So happy to see your post!! That Taffeta is beautiful! Thank you, Beth for all your pics.. Keep em coming! Lesley

o

wow, I love that new one.BLUE FOR YOU. Gorgeous.

Jean

o

Oooh---tell us more about Taffeta. Lovely!

o

Beautiful roses Beth, thanks for sharing with us.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 22:33

TAFFETA is a lovely rose. The blooms often blow pretty fast tho. They have thin stems and tend to hang with the weight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here