Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoovb

Golden Celebration 'leaps'

{{gwi:265602}}

{{gwi:224118}}

After all that gold, a bit of blue to cool things off, Clematis 'Cezanne'.

Comments (37)

• arockerdude
    16 years ago

That is Beautiful! Your roses always totaly amaze me! Thanks Dave

• jumbojimmy
    16 years ago

Your GC looks fantastic!! How old is it? It's one rose bush right?

• niecey
    16 years ago

Awesome! Hoovb.
    What Beauty
    Your roses and garden looks amazing as always.
    Niecey

• aprille
    16 years ago

WOW - how come I don't have this Austin? Wow again - that is magnificent! But then again, everything you grow in your garden is just magnificent - they just love it in your garden. Thanks for sharing. That truly is stunning.

Aprille

• bgrose
    16 years ago

such a vigorous, luscious rose, so many beautiful blossoms...I envy you :)

• lesdvs9
    16 years ago

That's a gorgeous rose bush and the clematis is really pretty. Great pics of them.

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!---that is spectacular-----what in the world do you feed that monster--
    How old id this bush ?

I'm lucky if I get a small bouquet from my plant----

Florence

• lesmc
    16 years ago

I`m with Florence on this one! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I have two G.C. and I, too, am lucky to get one bouquet. I have the highest of hopes this year as I just love this rose. Thank you for such glorious pictures. Lesley

• patricianat
    16 years ago

You have such a gorgeous garden. The design, the colors and the health are just amazing.

• huttnem
    16 years ago

Really beautiful. On my screen, they have seem more apricot or pink than yellow (maybe because I have a Mac?) Anyway they're wonderful.

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

Amazing rose. Thanks for showing us what it can really look like. I love it. Maybe in my next life I will get one.
    Kathy

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    Original Author
    16 years ago

3 years from a band. I just happened to get a good one. Thanks for looking at the pictures!

• dan1465_z7nj
    16 years ago

LOL, Wow. Amazing. I just ordered one when I ordered my 3 William Shakespeare 2000's to plant together as you suggested. Now I click on here and see yours in all it's glory. I think I made the right decision. Thats a very enabling group of Photos. Thanks for shareing.

Danny

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

STUNNING!!!! I ordered me one bareroot this year. I hope mine lives up to yours. Thanks, Judy

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

GEE Whiz, Thats gorgeous.Might have to get this one too.Of Course,it would never look as pretty as yours,but,still might get one.Its truely beautiful.

Jean

• patricianat
    16 years ago

Jean, this is a beautiful rose. It will get blackspot in our areas, like most any of the yellow roses, but that can be treated. Mine is from Chamblees, about 3 years old and it is a truly amazing rose. I had one before that from J&P that had rose mosaic virus and lost it but my Chamblee rose is gorgeous though not as pretty as Gail's. Nonetheless, it is a rose worth having and it smells wonderful. It is Graham Thomas with more petals and fragrance.

• karima_2008
    16 years ago

your GC roses are absolutely stunning and now i'm a bit worried whether i gave mine enough room.

karima

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Wow Hoove! I have been training one of mine to climb for the last two years, and I "hope" it will turn out half as good as yours. Nodding heads are so much better on a climber as you can look into them! That is the best GC I have ever seen.
    Pauline - VI

• jerseywendy
    16 years ago

OMG what an outrageously gorgeous rose! I think I'll go sweet- talk my brand new GC a little now, in hopes she'll perform half as well as yours does some day, hoovb :)

---
    Wendy

• canadian_rose
    16 years ago

GAAAAAHHHHH!!! GC is my absolute favorite rose, and that is stunning!!!!! And look at all those HUGE buds waiting to pop!!

Mine gets to about 3 feet tall - and I love this rose!! I can't imagine having all those blooms on that monster bush!!! Talk about a bountiful harvest!!! Swooooon! :)

Carol :)

• aamir
    16 years ago

WOW, this is amazing.

Aamir Waheed

• msmisk
    16 years ago

WOW !! Now that's a rose ! Yours looks much peachier than I expected. Mine is just a baby this year. Now I can't wait for 3 years to fly by !

Carol

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

Thank you for the info on this rose,Pat.I may have to get it as I love Graham Thomas and have 2 of them...

Jean

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

That is so pretty. Do you have a whole arch shot? I am curious as to how the whole thing looks. Your pictures are nothing short of spectacular.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here it is from about 25 feet away and on the other side. It is hard to get a picture of the whole thing because of the light on this side of the house. There is no structure, it just hangs over the walls. I sit on that chair back there and just look at it.

• daun
    16 years ago

Hoov,

Where did you get your band from? This is one happy rose! It is still loaded with buds.

Daun

• Beth Willett
    16 years ago

Your Golden Celebration is GORGEOUS! I didn't want to post my pics after seeing yours! How old is it? How do you trim it and do you get much rebloom? Your yard looks beautiful!
    Beth

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I planted it there in Dec 2005 or Jan 2006, something like that. I grew it in a pot for a few months first to get the rootball a little bigger before I put it in there. I don't trim it at all, just deadhead, remove anything damaged. Rebloom is very good. It wants to be big. It's from a place in Oregon, I think. I can't remember.

Thanks for looking at the pictures!

• BecR
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh, Hoovb!!! Your Golden Celebration is absolutely stunning, and the Cezanne clematis is too--a great pair!!! You are tempting me with those two for sure. Becky

• piper101
    16 years ago

Just beautiful!! I always enjoy your pictures & inspiration. If you ever open your yard to a garden tour let us know (I'm in your area). I'd love to oohh and aaww at everything you have. Thanks for posting. I hope my Colette looks this good in a couple yrs. Doing VERY nicely for the 6 weeks in the ground. Blooms its head off and has this same look that your does. Can't wait...

• bethnorcal9
    16 years ago

Wow! That is one gorgeous, happy plant! Your garden is just spectacular Hoov! I'd never leave there!

• katefisher
    16 years ago

Hoov how many GC' have you got there:)?

Just kidding apparently it is only one. That's amazing though.

Kate

• paulieinct
    16 years ago

Absolutely stunning. -Paul

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

That rose looks really happy like that. It makes a good show. The thing is huge. Thanks for the whole picture.

Heirloom Roses in St. Paul, OR has Golden Celebration as bands if anyone wants one. They are also running a sale on some hybrid teas this week if anyone is interested. They seem to be running weekly specials.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Short notice piper101, but the garden tour is tomorrow. I have a couple free tickets left, if you want them email me.

• jackie_o
    16 years ago

Oh how fast can I book a flight? LOL.
    That GC is spectacular. To see you, your garden and those big fuzzy white guys. Well that would just be heaven.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It would be fun, jackie_o. If you ever get out this way you must come over so Hoover and Cuddles can shed on you. The joy of Samoyeds. :)