o
Triple Treat

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 0:42

Three favorite fragrance roses sharing a spot on the counter
Abe Darby
Sonia Rykiel
Jude the Obscure
All of these have a sweet perfume with a fruit accent. The other day I smelled a distinct clove smell from one of my Abes. I don't ever recall that before. It was very strong like a bag of whole cloves. It was just the one flower. These roses are so changeable in both color and scent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Triple Treat

I love "cabbage-head" roses. Most of them smell so good, I put my nose right in them. ( watching out for bees)

o

What a luscious trio! The colors and shapes blend together so well. It's so gratifying to pick roses for the house, especially when they're as beautiful as this.

o

Really love this photo, Kitty! Very calming and romantic. I have never detected a clove fragrance on Abe. And clove is my absolute favorite fragrance in a rose. Wow, your experiencing an intensely powerful clove scent on just one of your Abe's blooms...what a treat for you! :)

This post was edited by dove_song on Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 3:05

o

Lovely shape on Jude. I've wanted this rose off and on. Does yours grow the same size as your Abraham Darby? TIA

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 18:39

Oh I bet they smell as wonderful as they look!

o

Jude is still young so I can't say. One of my Abes is more upright and arching with fewer, thicker canes( the one on Dr. Huey ) and the own root Abe is lower and more spreading with more canes. I tied my Jude up on a tomato ladder so he could get to the sun until he builds up some stronger canes. He was a one cane wonder until this year when he grew 2 new big basal canes and they are stronger and only need a few light ties to keep them from blowing in the wind. The oldest cane branched quite a bit at the top and is providing all the flowers. Molineux told me I had to get this rose just for the fragrance and I'm glad I did. Some people say it smells like white wine and guava. I don't know about that but I think it smells like rosy and fruit scents. Always sweet and delicious and when I give it to people to smell, everyone really likes it. For me it will be a big rose over 5 feet by July.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here