Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shot Silk

Posted by sherryaustin 9b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 0:42

The roses are popping out like crazy the last couple of days.. Amazingly, they're ahead of most of the iris..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shot Silk

...and fully open.

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 23, 13 at 10:25

Very nice photo of your rose blooming! :)

o

This is a rose that doesn't seem like it's going to be much and then it has so much to offer. The color is variable and the plant is neat and compact and there always seem to be flowers. I love mine. I'm glad to see someone else likes it too.

o

I love the way it opens.

o

Very very pretty. Great color.

Here too some roses are opening with the bearded iris. Waaa. Both cameras are broken!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 18:37

Very pretty pink!

o

• Posted by zjw727 Oregon Coast 8b (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 17:14

I have a young band of Shot Silk, from Rogue Valley Roses, which I am planning to keep in a large pot. I've been impressed with its rapid growth during the warm winter we've had here- but we also had two week-long cold snaps with temps in the mid-20's and teens (rare for here). It cam through like a champ! The color in these photos is lovely, and I suspect that in my cool climate, the cherry-pink tones will be more pronounced. How do you like the overall health and vigor of it in your climate? If there are problems for you, what are they?

o

What a beautiful rose. I love that perfect spiral center. Diane

o

I'm so glad this thread got "bumped"- I think one of the roses that came with my house is Shot Silk. I'd never heard of it and I'm still not certain that's what I have but the fully-open bloom in the second picture sure looks right. One thing I really love about my Shot Silk is that, with care, they last in a vase nearly twice as long as my Mr.Lincolns do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here