Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 1:00

Photobucket

I like these colors together.
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Julia Child

Me, too!! Lovely rose and lovely photo, Renee. Those little daisys really pick up the yellow of Julia and the iris are beautiful. Lesley

o

Renee, it is a beautiful sight--the whole scene. That rose looks so pretty. Wish I had room for one more!

o

Oh my. Renee, you always do much a great job with your plant groupings. Simply stunning.

o

Renee, this could be published in any garden book! Absolutely stunning; the selection of plants is perfect.

Ingrid

o

Ooo, glorious Renee!

o

Oh my gosh!!!! Thats gorgeous. I too love your combos!! Judy

o

oooh. I wish this image could be seared into my memory. so beautiful, this is everything I want in a garden.

o

I usually go for the bright colors with lots of contrast. I can never envisage what you've done. It's soooooo lovely. I think everyone should have a Julia Child. I agree that your photo should be on the cover of a rose magazine!!! I could never have done what you did - amazing!!!

Carol

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 23:32

Very nice indeed!

o

What are those little daisies? They're so cute!

o

Thanks, everyone. It was your advice here on the Rose Forum to try Julia Child.

I never would have thought silver foliage went well with butter yellow- it was a mistake. I love it. And as long as I crop my photos, my color combos work great (tee hee).

msrose, those little daisies are Paludosum daisies, which are annuals from seed. They're wonderful until you have to pull them all out at the end of May.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 20:38

What a beautiful garden!

o

very pretty! love the combination! :)

o

Thanks, Renee. Why do you have to pull them out in May? Do they stop blooming then or does the heat get to them?

o

Heat and short lifespan conspire to make them croak between May and June, msrose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here