Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
same type of rose

Posted by supaflyz houston (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 1:31

Hey guys I would like to buy Pierre de Ronsard to grow on my trellis. The flowers are big and I love the colar and petals. I was wondering is Pierre de Ronsard and eden the same? I see some pictures in this forum under diff name but look similar in flower structure. Can it sustain the different weather of Houston. It gets really hot down here during the summer, and recently this winter kill a decent amount of my mom plants. I just love the color of the rose and the flower are really big for a climbing rose.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: same type of rose

Pierre de Ronsard was renamed "Eden Rose '88" in USA , and is now commonly known under this name . There is also a rose called Eden Rose , which is a hybrid tea and completley different from PdR . Winter hardiness is not a problem in your climate and it also does well in hot weather .

Henrik

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here