Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan8_gw

First bloom from Pink Peace

Planted earlier this year, it is such a bright pink with a silvery sheen to it. Can only hope it will consistently perform as well as Mister Lincoln does for me.

Comments (13)

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

This looks like one gorgeous pink rose.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Dan - That's a beautiful bloom. I think you'll love it, one of my favorites. My two Pink Peace bushes are very healthy and good bloomers.

• KhaVi
    9 years ago

Lovely rose.... How I wish I could have more space in my garden.....

• kathy9norcal
    9 years ago

That is my favorite pink color. Love your photo.

• dan8_gw (Northern California Zone 9A)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Follow up of Pink Peace in Bloom. It really just glows in the yard..I'm not getting any fragrance though even though the package labeled it as very fragrant.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Dan - I can attest to the fact that mine is very fragrant, but since fragrance is subjective, maybe yours isn't, but hopefully it will be. It's interesting how roses can be fragrant for some, but not others. Not every rose that is supposed to fragrant, is fragrant to me either. I'm also finding out more and more, it can also depend on the time of day, and other factors too. I hope yours does really well for you, it is a very good rose, both mine have quite a few buds and I am getting anxious for them and all my roses to bloom!

Original Author
    9 years ago

Hope that I can see some pictures of your established pink peace in bloom when the time comes! lol. I smelled this and mister lincoln throughout various times of the day, and mister lincoln just never dissapoints. I hope that pink peace will be at least just a bit fragrant for me once established, fragrance is what makes a rose a rose for me because thats the first thing one does when they are presented with a bloom. How funny it is that florist blooms almost never are fragrant.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Dan - I do hope your Pink Peace becomes more fragrant as it gets established. I planted a Mister Lincoln this year and am so looking forward to its fragrance. Hopefully, my Pink Peace roses will look as good as I'm anticipating them to, I look forward to posting a picture.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

It's lovely, Dan!

• dove_song
    9 years ago

Thanks for your enabling, Dan! Partially in due to falling in love with your photos of PINK PEACE yesterday my fiance bought me a very healthy, potted PINK PEACE at Ritter's Nursery here in Spokane, Washington. Lol, Ritter's Nursery hasn't put out their roses for sale to the general public yet as it's been too cold so it was with great delight that my sweetheart and I picked out the healthiest PINK PEACE there and TWILIGHT ZONE and brought them back to my place. Life is VERY good...at least at present it is, lol!

Original Author
    9 years ago

lol, well congratulations on your new pink peace! I hope that you will enjoy it. I've only gotten two blooms, but each one was very beautiful and lasted fairly long compared to my mister lincoln. This is definitely a rose that I won't neglect.

• dove_song
    9 years ago

Thanks for the congratulations and added thoughts, Dan!! :)

• densiemill Miller
    9 years ago

I planted one earlier this year...I cannot wait to see it in bloom. So mad I passed on Mr. Lincoln but i had Oklahoma and so many other reds. Won't pass it by next year. Thanks fos sharing.

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County