Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No idea who this yellow is ?

Posted by iris_gal z9 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 1:47

Some new landscaping at commercial place & I had to snap this rose.
On my knees, no tag. Drats. Does it look familiar?

noid yellow - who am I ?
 photo NoidyellowIMG_0449_zps78a346c3.jpg

photo NoidyellowIMG_0454_zpsb7f4f26d.jpg

photo NoidyellowIMG_0450_zpsf22067d0.jpg

photo NoidyellowIMG_0451_zps00317022.jpg

Gemini's first bloom
 photo GeminiIMG_0410640wide_zpsddcdac62.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No idea who this yellow is ?

The yellow rose looks very much like the David Austin Rose, "Graham Thomas" or something very much like it.
Something about that particular shade of yellow, and the overwhelming apricot Tea scent... :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Graham Thomas on Wikipedia

o

Thanks Albinnibla. Looked like an Austin to me also. I didn't know if Graham T. had rosy tinted buds. I didn't get much of a fragrance.

o

My first thought was Graham Thomas. Yes, it can get rosy tints in certain weather. You will know soon enough as Graham has very very big aspirations! Mine is a monster.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 17:42

It looks more like my Golden Celebration than my Graham Thomas. GC is more that softer yellow, droopier and more petals than GC.

Golden Celebration
Golden Celebration photo gc2013_06140040_zpse80c659e.jpg

Graham Thomas
Graham Thomas photo gt2013_06250051_zps5cc8c4ce.jpg

o

Thanks Kathy & Seil. I visited it today for more studying. I know the owners of the property and will be able to try a start. Whoo hoo. Now I have a list of names.
Thank you.
Come to think of it I know where there's a Golden C. Detour on Monday to take a look.

o

Looks like Golden Celebration to me.

o

Graham can have more petals in early spring.

I wouldn't put my money on either one. Its growth pattern should tell you what it is. Hopefully it isn't Graham Thomas, which tends to be a monstrous grower needing support. I have always wished I had GC instead.
Let us know when you figure it out!

o

Could it be 'Well Being'?

o

my vote would be Graham Thomas my gets a tint to it in certain wheather photo IMG_1306.jpg

o

I looked up 'Well Being' and it's a possibility. Thank you. Phat ~ your 'Grahams' are smashing.

I've put some starts in a plastic bag of soil and leaving it in the car for warmth. Still looking good after 17 days. If it roots it will be a first for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here