Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Let the blooming begin!!!

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 2:01

OMG, they are popping out all over! I haven't had time to get the spring cleanup done. The weeds are crazy and the aphids are out in full force, as well as the BS & PM. Accckkk!! There's just not enough time in the day.

Here we go (with a "few" of what were blooming)...

ADRIANA
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

BLUE FOR YOU

BOWIE PINK LADY

CHIPPENDALE

CITRUS TEASE

FREDDY MERCURY

GARDEN SUN CL

GOLDEN SHOWERS CL

LEONIDAS - love that weird pinky-mauvey-russet color this time... WOW! I've never seen it like that before!

LEONIE LAMESCH

LIPARFUM

MAMON COCHET

PINK FAVOURITE

THE LADY

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Let the blooming begin!!!

These are just lovely. Thank-you for sharing... Many I hadn't seen before, and only one I've grown in the past. Chippendale is a really nice form and color... Leonidas is delightfully weird. does it have a good scent?

o

Oh my, where to begin? I have a mental list of Tantau roses that I must have, and Chippendale is one of them. And now I've seen your gorgeous Chip, I must track down that rose. Do you know where it is available? Your swirly Citrus Tease is pretty luscious, too. Leonidas is charming with its slightly offbeat shape and interesting color. Diane

o

I checked on my roses yesterday and theres lots of buds, I absolutely can't wait for blooms! Thank you for sharing yours! I haven't seen some of these either. Leonie Lamesch is going on my "look into" list, can you tell me where you got it? Loving Freddy Mercury too.

o

Loved Leonidas unusual colour.
My fave. is CHIPPENDALE
Lovely roses and photos.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 12:11

Thanks everybody!

Sherry, I don't believe LEONIDAS has any scent. Being a florist rose, it wouldn't likely have much. It's down too low for me to go get a whiff tho. Sorry.

Diane, I got my CHIPPENDALE several yrs ago from Hortico. Not sure if they still list it or not. I can't think of anywhere else on our continent that might have it. Unless Heirloom might've gotten it from Cliff. Oh wait.... I just looked on HMF, and they show Angel Gardens in FLA having it. Try contacting them!

Mzstitch, HMF lists several suppliers for LEONIE. I can't even remember where I got mine. I am so glad to have FREDDY MERCURY. Yrs ago when Cliff was starting up his EuroDesert Roses, I talked him into propagating FREDDY and TINA TURNER when I found out he had imported them from England. Thankfully he did, and now Heirloom has carried them on.

Thanks Inga!

o

I received my Leonie from Angel Gardens. Great plant and Pam is a great lady!
Nana, if you find Chippendale let me know. I'm dying for it too!
Susan

o

Oh my my. LEONIDAS is too die for. Better misbehaving than when perfect!

The Lady caught my eye today. I'm wondering about lasting time after seeing a slew of gorgeous pics on HMF. Does she blow fast?

o

Chippendale is very interesting, but I must admit that I nearly gasped when I saw The Lady--what a beauty!

And Mamon Cachot is always lovely, as usual.

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 18:33

Beautiful, Beth!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here