Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Let the blooming begin!!!

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

OMG, they are popping out all over! I haven't had time to get the spring cleanup done. The weeds are crazy and the aphids are out in full force, as well as the BS & PM. Accckkk!! There's just not enough time in the day.

Here we go (with a "few" of what were blooming)...

ADRIANA
{{gwi:1216516}}

BLUE FOR YOU
{{gwi:1216517}}

BOWIE PINK LADY
{{gwi:1216518}}

CHIPPENDALE
{{gwi:1216520}}

CITRUS TEASE
{{gwi:1216521}}

FREDDY MERCURY
{{gwi:348231}}

GARDEN SUN CL
{{gwi:1198915}}

GOLDEN SHOWERS CL
{{gwi:1216522}}

LEONIDAS - love that weird pinky-mauvey-russet color this time... WOW! I've never seen it like that before!
{{gwi:346338}}

LEONIE LAMESCH
{{gwi:1205340}}

LIPARFUM
{{gwi:1205341}}

MAMON COCHET
{{gwi:1216523}}

PINK FAVOURITE
{{gwi:1216524}}

THE LADY
{{gwi:1216525}}

Comments (11)

• inga007

Loved Leonidas unusual colour.
    My fave. is CHIPPENDALE
    Lovely roses and photos.

• inga007

My fave. is CHIPPENDALE
    Lovely roses and photos.

• inga007

My fave. is CHIPPENDALE
    Lovely roses and photos.

• sherry Austin
    11 years ago

These are just lovely. Thank-you for sharing... Many I hadn't seen before, and only one I've grown in the past. Chippendale is a really nice form and color... Leonidas is delightfully weird. does it have a good scent?

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Oh my, where to begin? I have a mental list of Tantau roses that I must have, and Chippendale is one of them. And now I've seen your gorgeous Chip, I must track down that rose. Do you know where it is available? Your swirly Citrus Tease is pretty luscious, too. Leonidas is charming with its slightly offbeat shape and interesting color. Diane

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

I checked on my roses yesterday and theres lots of buds, I absolutely can't wait for blooms! Thank you for sharing yours! I haven't seen some of these either. Leonie Lamesch is going on my "look into" list, can you tell me where you got it? Loving Freddy Mercury too.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Sherry, I don't believe LEONIDAS has any scent. Being a florist rose, it wouldn't likely have much. It's down too low for me to go get a whiff tho. Sorry.

Diane, I got my CHIPPENDALE several yrs ago from Hortico. Not sure if they still list it or not. I can't think of anywhere else on our continent that might have it. Unless Heirloom might've gotten it from Cliff. Oh wait.... I just looked on HMF, and they show Angel Gardens in FLA having it. Try contacting them!

Mzstitch, HMF lists several suppliers for LEONIE. I can't even remember where I got mine. I am so glad to have FREDDY MERCURY. Yrs ago when Cliff was starting up his EuroDesert Roses, I talked him into propagating FREDDY and TINA TURNER when I found out he had imported them from England. Thankfully he did, and now Heirloom has carried them on.

Thanks Inga!

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    11 years ago

I received my Leonie from Angel Gardens. Great plant and Pam is a great lady!
    Nana, if you find Chippendale let me know. I'm dying for it too!
    Susan

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Oh my my. LEONIDAS is too die for. Better misbehaving than when perfect!

The Lady caught my eye today. I'm wondering about lasting time after seeing a slew of gorgeous pics on HMF. Does she blow fast?

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Chippendale is very interesting, but I must admit that I nearly gasped when I saw The Lady--what a beauty!

And Mamon Cachot is always lovely, as usual.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Beth!