Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (17)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!! That is one gorgeous shot of a gorgeous rose. Thanks for sharing, Judy

• organicgardendreams
    14 years ago

purpleroses, this rose is pure perfection! What a beautiful picture! Never heard of that rose. Does Louise Estes have fragrance and how is the disease resistance?

Thanks for posting!

• purpleroses
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you. Yes, there is a wonderful fragrance and it is disease resistant in my garden. I love the form and color blend.

We put a pool in over the winter and I rearranged all my rose beds away from the pool area. I put Louise Estes in my cutting garden (where I only put the best for form, fragrance and vase life)

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Oh my ---what a beauty------Thanks for this beautiful picture.

Florence

• organicgardendreams
    14 years ago

purpleroses, thanks for providing me with more information about this rose. It sounds like that Louis Estes is another rose, that I have to try to acquire! There are sooo... many lovely roses out there, but not so many that are disease resistant, fragrant and have a long vase life. These are certainly three big pluses besides the incredible look of this beauty!

I would love to see more pictures of your roses!

• bgrose
    14 years ago

the most stunning picture I have seen!

• nymiekat
    14 years ago

This is indeed a very beautiful rose!! I got two of these last year and I was stunned! My only problem is I think one of them is going to die, I don't know if it froze or what, but it only has a few leaves and they don't look very healthy. Does anyone know if I can take a cutting or something from the healthy one to start a new one? The sick one looks like there are reddish dots on the very few and tiny leaves it has. I'm still new with roses, so I'm not sure what is wrong.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Louise Estes

• Adrienne Armold
    8 years ago

i have a pictue of louise its blue flowers i want to sell it

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

That Louise Estes is beautiful and the first time I've seen this rose.

Nymiekat, I don't know what is wrong with your rose, but I just wanted to say, your garden is beautiful. I love all the flowers and the wagon wheel.

Adrienne, your picture looks like a morning glory.

• rosecanadian
    8 years ago

wow!! what a stunning rose!!! your Louise Estes is exquisite!!! and it has a wonderful fragrance?? i want this rose!!! what an inspiration!!

carol

• Ken (N.E.GA.mts) 7a/b
    8 years ago

I've been growing this great rose since it was introduced. #1 on my HT's (with Brinessa right behind). Big, healthy bush. Long stems with plenty of great foliage. Beautiful blooms with a great fragrance. For you cold weather folks, Wisconsin Roses carries it on Multiflora. K&M Roses carries it on Fortuniana root stock. I think Roses Unlimited has it on root. I don't think anyone carries it on Dr. Huey.

• cadiarose
    8 years ago

This one has been on my wish list -it's a great rose for showing. Your lovely photo reminds me that I was supposed to look for it this year!

• dizzylizzy 7b
    7 years ago

This rose is also on my wish list. It is magnificent. I do hear that it is a stingy bloomer. How does yours produce?

• cadiarose
    7 years ago

Welcome, Al!

• s
    7 years ago

Yes, welcome Al. Gawking and learning are good but with 70 roses I certainly hope that we will be seeing more of you:) Would be good if you could update your user name like cadiarose has done. You could also add a few notes about yourself on your member page.

Looking forward to seeing some of your roses

Sharlene

• John Walkman
    2 years ago

Stunning.....just stunning. Thank you for sharing this.