Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Eden climber in bloom

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

I promised a couple of you pics of Eden in bloom. Here they are--but not the best shots. Not sure why I'm having trouble taking photos of her. I'll keep trying for a really good photo, but enjoy her in these photos in the meantime.

Eden Climber--if you look closely, you can see the dark purple clematis also blooming in there.

Eden climber

{{gwi:288856}}

Not much variety of pics here, so let me add a lovely purple columbine (unusual shade), with gorgeous iris in the background.

Columbine

Kate

Comments (24)

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Just beautiful, Kate. I don`t have this rose, but have always admired Eden. Thanks for sharing. Lesley

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

I love the sumptuous blooms, great pics.

The columbine looks lovely with the iris.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

My favorite. Sigh.
    Renee

• suebelle_neworleans
    12 years ago

Your Eden is spectacular. WOW !!
    Love it.
    Suebelle

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Wonderful, Kate! I actually bought Eden once. From a very good local nursery too. It turned out to be Paradise instead. Bummer!

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    11 years ago

So wonderful! Mine has fat buds that are all sitting there just teasing me, lol! One of my favorites :)

Do you get good rebloom? I'm trying to note whether pruning and age are the secrets to this one regarding rebloom. There is some secret; I know it!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

meredith, I get OK (or barely OK) rebloom usually, though sometimes there is a long rest between blooming cycles. I wish it did rebloom better, but it certainly has a looooong and abundant first bloom cycle each year.

I haven't tried pruning to get increased rebloom. I do trim off some of the sideshoots that want to grow into long canes. And since the main canes were getting old and "treelike" (rough bark, thick, etc.), last year I drastically pruned a couple of the old canes all the way down to the ground. It responded with eager new growth--about half way up the pillar last year and over the top this year. As far as I know, that is the best way to rejuvenate an older climber. Whether it helps on the rebloom or not I'll have to let you know later this summer. : )

Kate

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    11 years ago

Oh, please do try to notice that! Thank you. That's exactly what I'm wondering. Mine repeat-bloomed better as a younger plant, but I've been hesitant to prune him for fear that he's picky about being pruned back.

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

Eden is so beautiful---I really miss mine--thanks for sharing these lovely pictures---
    Florence

• ginni77
    11 years ago

I haven't posted here in ages but your Eden climber was just the push I needed. I just have to say, it amazingly lovely!!!

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Kate, so beautiful and wonderfully shaped -- the flowers are sooo huge yet uniform. what a delight! Love the columbine as well...

Keep posting Ginni! We're so glad to have you here :D

• TNY78
    11 years ago

That is beautiful, Kate! My Eden is still a 6 inch little twig! lol

Tammy

• Redroses Z6
    7 years ago

Kate, I 've been dreaming about eden for years, finally I got one last may but mine have no bloom yet , where did you get your? It just like a dreams.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I'm guessing I might have got my Eden from Roses Unlimited.

It does take several years to really get going and blooming well--but worth the wait!

Kate

• Redroses Z6
    7 years ago

Wow, ok Kate, I hope mine will turn up like urs , please post more pics whenever you have time, I love all your roses its just like dreams come true.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    7 years ago

Just beautiful. Any idea what the dark red rose is that's behind Eden in pic #2?

• dizzylizzy 7b
    7 years ago

Your Eden is magnificent. I just planted 2, and only one of them has 2 little buds. I am waiting so anxiously for them to bloom, and I hope mine will one day look like yours!!!!

• Ashley Zone6b
    7 years ago

Oh my, your Eden is beyond gorgeous! Wow, thanks for sharing.

I just planted a bare root, I see two stumps sticking out. I hope it's even 1/3 as beautiful as yours!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    7 years ago

You do need some patience with Eden. I don't remember mine blooming much before its 3rd year of settling in. Look forward to seeing yours mature!

Kate

• kittymoonbeam
    7 years ago

So pretty. Thanks for sharing. Eden is a graceful rose. One of mine rooted off the cane in the shade. It grew and now is becoming a mature climber. It flowers where it shoots out of the tree into the sun. Some roses also formed in the shade and are paler. Very pretty. I'm surprised it got enough sun to grow but maybe with the original climber feeding it, the new rose was able to prosper. I'm going to let it grow naturally through the tree and see what happens.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Sounds delicious, kitty. Promise us some pics. We want to see. : )

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    7 years ago

Thank you DBay, for the Braveheart info. I've seen and admired it in other posts; I guess i'll have to research further as it look so romantic with the lighter and brighter pinks.

• totoro z7b Md
    6 years ago

Pretty amazing my Eden is blooming in partial shade all day