Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More first blooms on my roses

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 11:13

This prolonged early spring is causing some roses to open early (by 6 weeks!), but others seem to be staying pretty much on their regular schedule, regardless of the weather. That means that I'm still having first blooms on a number of my roses--a sampling of which you may enjoy below. : )

Love & Peace - lovely bud. I should have a fully opened pic in a couple days.
Photobucket

Queen of Sweden -- This Austin rose was slow about putting in her first appearance, but I guess if you are a queen, you get to do that! Isn't she a lovely!
Photobucket

Queen of Sweden (close-up) - can you see the bluish clematis hiding in the middle of this profusely blooming shrub?
Photobucket

Valencia -- this HT is slow to rebloom, but when she blooms, oh wow! I can't seem to quite capture her beauty with my camera. Will keep on trying.
Photobucket

Braveheart shrub - one of my favorites. Heavy bloomer and the blooms look like dark red velvet (only imperfectly captured in the photo).
Photobucket

Elina - taller and fuller HT, blooms like crazy. This is her first bud of the year.
Photobucket

Cherry Parfait - pleasant floribunda, heavy bloomer, but it is another one I have trouble getting adequate pictures of.
Photobucket

Elle -- couldn't decide which picture I liked best of this beauty, so here are two of her. (She's such a show off!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Well Being -- love her! I mistakenly posted several pics of her, from bud to full bloom, over in the regular Rose Forum. You might check her out there!
Photobucket

Anne Boleyn - smaller Austin. She always comes out more deeply colored than in real life where she appears in more pastel shades--but lovely either way.
Photobucket

Buff Beauty -- wonderful hybrid musk, but got severely smashed a few years ago by a giant oak tree branch in my neighbor's yard falling directly on her! Didn't know if she would live after I got done drastically pruning off the damage. As the pic shows, she blooms just as beautifully as usual, but she has never grown back into that overgrown sprawling monster she once was--unfortunately.
Photobucket

Jubilee Celebration--another lovely Austin shrub, first bloom.
Photobucket

Gypsy Carnival- my favorite red and yellow HT, but she has never grown very vigorously. She is gorgeous in bloom, however.
Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed the tour of more first blooms for the early spring of 2012. : )

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More first blooms on my roses

So beautiful and colorful, great pics. I'm really looking forward to summer!

o

Absolutely beautiful. Love that Queen of Sweden. She is to die for!

o

These are terrific photos and roses. Please continue to post as more of your blooms open. I especially want to see that Love And Peace again.
Suebelle

o

So jealous! My QoS was planted in Feb. and she is very small.. Can't wait to see her in her 'Royal attire'! Thank you.. love all your roses.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 20:28

They're all gorgeous, Kate, but Gypsy Carnival is my FAV!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here