Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Love & Peace pics

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

One of the viewers saw my earlier photo of Love & Peace in bud and asked to see it in full bloom. (Was that you suebelle?) Well, here she is in bud and then in her full glory.

Love & Peace in bud--does have a lovely bud, doesn't she!

Love & Peace in full bloom--how is that for a beauty!

And just for good measure, one more Love & Peace in full bloom. (Sorry about the white fencelet--didn't notice it until I was loading the pics on the computer.)

{{gwi:328024}}

Now that I've entranced you, the not-so-good news is that the plant itself lacks vigor--just doesn't put out any real growth at all, although the rose books say this rose should be a statuesque 4.5 ft tall. Mine is about 1 ft tall and has been for the 3 years it resided in its present spot. And in between blooming cycles, it usually gets a brief attack of BS, which then goes away. If the bloom weren't so lovely and the rose planted in a spot where its underdeveloped stature is not readily visible, I might not keep it.

But then again, those blooms are indeed lovely!

Kate

Comments (12)

• suebelle_neworleans
    12 years ago

The depth of color is fantastic. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the info.
    Suebelle

• lovemysheltie
    12 years ago

Wow, gorgeous rose!

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Wow, amazing color combo, really glows.

• ron_and_susan
    12 years ago

Kate--We have the same problem with "Love and Peace" we have had it for 4 years and is only about 1 1/2 feet high and more than likely will get shovel pruned next week.--Ron

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

So BEAUTIFUL Kate!!!! Absolutely entrancing!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Love & Peace is so gorgeous this year that I couldn't resist taking a few more pictures. Feast your eyes on these.

Love & Peace--three-quarters view
    {{gwi:288160}}

Love & Peace--side view

Love & Peace--frontal view

Let's face it--when it comes to blooms and cameras, she just simply has no bad sides--beautiful no matter how you view her!

Ron and Susan--it is reassuring to know that it isn't just me. I've wondered many times what I'm doing wrong that Love & Peace won't grow as she is supposed to. But I don't have your courage to spade her--I'm in love with her blooms!

Kate

• missmary - 6b/Central Maryland
    11 years ago

Given this lovely rose's smaller size might it be a good candidate to for growing as a container rose?

Miss Mary

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Lol, Kate you and I are in similar situations, except with me it's different blooms but! the exact same plant. The only Multiple of the same thing is my Beloved Little Eluane, the Black & White Border Collie. I still think she is the prettiest thing in my Garden, lol! I can take her at all angles any day, haha! She got to model my Cornelia rose bush several times over (5 times to be exact) at different peaks of its flush as comparison photos.

I can see why you just adore her colors Kate. Miss Mary also has a real good idea about having it a container rose instead. I'm growing big, vigorous Frederic Mistral in a pot, and the poor rose is none too happy at this point. He needs to trade living quarters with your Love & Peace, lol!

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

Very pretty----

Florence

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Pretty!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Miss Mary, sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. I have never grown any container roses and therefore know nothing about them. But I have to admit that I haven't given up completely on the notion that Love & Peace is supposed to grow about 4 ft tall--which was one of the reasons I picked her. Maybe someday . . . ????? Who knows. : )

Serena, let's face it--Eluane is a camera ham. Or is that camera hog? LOL. She certainly does not suffer by comparison to the roses she models for!

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Beautiful rose and lovely photos of it too, Kate!