Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msjam2

My garden 2012

msjam2
12 years ago

It's starting to come alive! I am so excited, most of my roses are 6 years old, there's a only a handful that's new.

{{gwi:1220088}}

{{gwi:1220090}}

{{gwi:1220091}}

{{gwi:1220091}}

{{gwi:1220096}}

{{gwi:1220098}}

w

Newest addition

Zephirine Drouhin

Granada

Maggie

Comments (21)

• lovemysheltie
    12 years ago

Wow! Your garden is just gorgeous and that pool looks so welcoming :D

• ron_and_susan
    12 years ago

What type of camera do you use? That Firefighter is the best true red I have seen. (Also the rest of your garden is great.--Ron

• msjam2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Ron, I use Nikon D80 and 50 mm lense. Firefighter is a great red, the bush isn't very nice though.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I think my fav is Yolande.

I'm so impressed by the size of your bushes and the quantity of bloom.

Outstanding!!
    Carol

• msjam2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Aww thanks Carol! I have slowed down a lot since my 3 yr old and a 1 yrd GSD pup keeps me busy. But I try to always have time for my beloved roses. :)

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

Nice shots, msjam, I love all your roses. Your picture of Angel Face reminds me that I should try that one again. I once grew that long ago and forget its fragrance. Among your 3 mauve roses: Angel Face, Melody Perfume, and Heirloom - which ones smell best? Someone commented in HMF that Heirloom smells like bug spray - that stopped me from buying the $8 Heirloom in a pot at Walmart. I don't know if own-room Heirloom smells better than the grafted on Dr. Huey at Walmart?

I have Mary Magdalene and LOVE HER! Her myrrh scent is refined that its coziness floats into the window at night. Totally magical! Her leaves are dark green, doesn't turn chlorotic in my alkaline soil, and she is so compact. The animals don't eat her in the spring either.

• tri_mom
    12 years ago

Wow! Your Roses are beautiful. I am new to roses and will be planting my first ones in the next few weeks. Your garden is giving me great inspiration.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

They're all gorgeous, msjam! You have an incredible garden!

• suebelle_neworleans
    12 years ago

I really did enjoy your photos. Lovely garden, pretty roses and great pictures too.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

OOOOOOOO- So GORGEOUS! I love everything, roses and garden. Like the Best Sunset of colors!

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

What a wonderful garden, msjam! It was a great tour. You are far ahead of me. You have some of my favorite roses and the colors are spectacular.

• msjam2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank You all~ I am glad you enjoyed the photos. :)

Here's some more from this weekend. :)

{{gwi:1220109}}
    {{gwi:1220110}}
    {{gwi:1220111}}
    {{gwi:1220112}}
    {{gwi:1220114}}
    {{gwi:1220116}}
    {{gwi:1220117}}

• bob_71
    12 years ago

Beautiful garden and photos!

Bob

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Wow!! How absolutely beautiful your garden is!!! I enjoyed my tour so much.I`d love to know what you feed your roses too! They are so lush and full of blooms. They must be very happy and well cared for. I sure hope you will continue to share your garden with us. Job well done!!! Lesley

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous and stunning both the garden and the rose colors. They really glow off the page!

• msjam2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all!

Lesley, I feed Rosetone and alfalfa tea. :)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Just beautiful, msjam. Just beautiful! Bright, vibrant beauty!

Yes, maturity does make quite a difference in terms of lush growth and vigorous blooming, doesn't it.

Kate

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

WOW---Your gardens are amazing---that is one of the nicest pictures of Tiffany I've ever seen----

BTW--when is the pool party in that gorgeous pool ?

Florence

• mountainrose
    12 years ago

Gorgeous blossoms, but I am particularly blown away by the beautiful, clean, healthy foliage!!

• jeffcat
    12 years ago

msjam was my enabler for getting Mary Magdalene. Nice to see all the "ocean side" roses doing well.

• jktx55
    12 years ago

Thank you for sharing your photos, just beautiful.
    It also shows you can grow beautiful roses in Texas.
    jack

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus