Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

Finally got around to taking some pictures...

peachymomo
11 years ago

I've been super busy this spring, but I finally got outside with my camera to capture what's blooming.

Fragrant Cloud

Joseph's Coat

{{gwi:243974}}
Poulsen's Pearl

Poulsen's Yellow

Gruss an Aachen

Betty Boop

Autumn Sunset

Gold Medal

Cramoisi Superior

Cramoisi Superior

Hot Color Rose Bed

My new Rose Circle

Gold Medal with Concha Ceanothus in the background

Autumn Sunset Climber, it's been in the ground for two years but spent three years before that in a large pot. I'm hoping it will reach the arbor over the gate this year.

Thanks for looking!

P.S. If you use html to post pictures, beware of editing! You'll have to re-enter all of the image codes. Ugh.

This post was edited by peachymomo on Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 16:37

Comments (15)

• inga007

Lovely rose photos. The Circle looks fab.

• inga007

• inga007

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

So pretty, peachy! That Betty Boop is glowing!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

I love the combo of Gold Medal with the ceanothus, and your rose circle is wonderful.
    My favorite here is Gruss an Aachen. I really must find a place for it. Thanks for posting the photos.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

Your pictures are nice. Your rose circle is intriguing and has an interesting design. Do you have it planned out as to what will be going in it yet?

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Poulsen's Pearl is such a sweet rose, and Gold Medal and Cramoisi Superior are both just perfection in bloom. I loved some glimpses of your garden, too. Diane

• TNY78
    11 years ago

So great to see pictures of your roses! I really really like Fragrant Cloud and Poulsons Yellow! Your beds look really well planned...wish mine did! lol

Tammy

• justkristyj
    11 years ago

Would love to see a picture of your Autumn Sunset when she swallows that arbor gate. It will be amazing.

• peachymomo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Betty Boop is really coming into her own this year, she's covered in buds with a just a few starting to open. I love picoteed roses, and the she is an especially pretty one.

I love yellow and blue flower combos of all kinds, usually the ceanothus are winding down by the time the roses get started by they are overlapping well this year. Gruss an Aachen is a three year old band, and it's giving us our first really good show this year. Still in a pot though, so I need to find a good place for it too.

The rose circle was a solution to two problems - a spot behind the compost bin that didn't do well as a tomato garden last year and too many potted roses. I was looking through garden inspiration photos and saw some neat wheel gardens so I decided to make one. The roses in it are: Glendora, Poulsen's Pearl, Marchesa Boccella, Lemon Spice, Marchioness of Lorne, Le Pactole, Ulrich Brunner fils, Poulsen's Yellow, and Rose de Rescht. I think I'll wait till fall and plant narcissus and alliums as companions, I want to avoid things that spread too much and whatever I plant has to be gopher resistant (the roses are all in cages.)

I've been doing my best to keep up with weeding while completing a couple of extra projects along the way, once I have things more up to snuff I'll post more garden shots. Right now the weeds are kind of embarrassing.

I have a tendency to print out lots of graph paper and plan new gardens when it's too rainy to work outside, most of them stay as plans but a few have been completed. I want to add companion plants to the hot color bed, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

You can bet I'll be posting lots of pictures when the arbor is covered, yellow climbing roses on arbors are one of my absolute favorite things.

Thanks everyone, I'll post more later when different roses are blooming.

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Great rose photos! And I just love your rose circle. Lucky you to have so much space to grow your roses!

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    11 years ago

I really like the circle! Wish I had the space to do one. Please keep us updated.
    Susan

• JuanaJennifer
    11 years ago

Your post is very beautiful, I'll appreciate your work because I(floralmachine.com) can see this lovely after long time.

• peachymomo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have to admit that most of these roses, the circle, and the hot color bed, are all at my Mom's house. She has more room, but most importantly a lot more sun than I do, and she is very understanding. Over at her house I have a collection of over 50 roses, as well as my raised bed veggy garden, grape and kiwi vines, mixed fruit tree orchard, and raspberry patch. She gets to eat the fruits and veggies and cut roses for indoors, so she's pretty happy with it. I have a collection of shade tolerant roses at my house, but most are in pots waiting for me to find permanent spots for them.

• kittymoonbeam
    11 years ago

I like how the picture of Gold Medal has a glow of light. I try to position some of mine so that they catch the sun like that. It looks beautiful in pictures and it's magical to see when you pass by. I like your new rose circle.