Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy9norcal

Ingrid Bergman (and Tuscan Sun)

kathy9norcal
13 years ago

I just love Ingrid Bergman, a super red rose that loves to bloom. Here are a few photos of her,

And since Tuscan Sun is her neighbor, why not?

Comments (12)

• msjam2
    13 years ago

I love my Tuscan Sun also, your IB is beautiful!!

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Your Ingrid Bergman looks perfect! Very healthy and as you said astonishingly floriferous for an HT! Is this rose fragrant?

The Taitian Sunset if exactly the kind of rose that I need to see today. Very cheerful! Here in SoCa we are having another cold and windy day with plenty of rain showers and honestly even though we need the rain (I know...) I am sick of this kind of weather!

Christina

• mashamcl
    13 years ago

Kathy, your camera does reds nicely. I gave up on photographing reds:-(. I really like the shot of the Tuscan Sun bud.

Masha

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Beautiful blooms Kathy! I've never had much luck with INGRID. She rarely blooms for me. Could be my crappy soil that I haven't amended in that bed for yrs.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Ingrid is a reliable rose here also. Practically no disease as well as floriferous. One friend won't have any other red rose in her garden. I believe she said it lasted well in bouquets.

• sanju
    13 years ago

Ingrid and Tuscan Sun are my favourite and most floriferous roses! Your photos are just wonderful. My TS blooms aren't as large, but it is just a 1 year old plant, maybe the size of the blooms will improve with time. However, I just love the way it blooms constantly and just love the colour of it.
    Sanju

• lesdvs9
    13 years ago

I agree, beautiful roses and great pics of them!

• kathy9norcal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for all your positive comments. I do want to add that it takes a good three years for some roses to come into their own, and Ingrid was a good example. Give her time to get that great root system and stand back.
    Dh confirms just a hint of scent. Alas, sometimes you can't have everything. I need a rose that doesn't fade to pink or blue and Ingrid is it.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Does Tuscan Sun fade to a pink? I hate non-pink roses that fade to a splotchy faded pink. If it doesn't, then that's a rose I would like to get - that rose looks AMAZING!! That bud shot is out of this world, and I love it in the shot above that!!

Ingrid Bergman looks stunning!!!!! I especially like the shot of it with Tuscan Sun!! Lots, and lots of wonderfully shaped red roses. Now that's a rose!!!

Carol

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Wow, stunning roses, Kathy! I love both! I really enjoy rich reds and sunset colors and the orange gradations!

Carol, you are just like me, in that I stay far away from rose blends that fade to a blotchy pink...Uneven mottling I'm not fond of like the Bellaroma that one finds in Kansas nurseries. Certain combinations of climates, soil, and rose genes make that blotchy mottling more pronounced...

• kathy9norcal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I know exacty what you mean, serena. Rio Samba fades to a nauseating blotchy color that demands to be deadheaded. But I like the way Tuscan Sun fades to pink--it looks like another rose but not really bad to me.
    Kathy

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

Well, for RED, that Ingrid Bergman is a pretty red,and thats a gorgeous photo of it. I like that Tuscan Sun.

Jean

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years