Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses 'W-Z' ... the end of the line!

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

Well, this is the last of the alphabet of rose pics from last season. Hopefully I'll be posting this season's pics soon!! (if winter ever decides to leave here!)

WAIHEKE

{{gwi:1222206}}

WATERCOLORS

{{gwi:1222208}}

WE SALUTE YOU

{{gwi:1199529}}

WELCOME HOME

{{gwi:1222210}}

WESTERLAND CL

{{gwi:1222211}}

WESTMINSTER PINK

{{gwi:1222212}}

WHITE DIAMOND

{{gwi:1222213}}

WHITE TIMELESS

{{gwi:1222214}}

WHY NOT CERISE?

{{gwi:1222215}}

WILD BLUE YONDER

{{gwi:1222216}}

WILDFIRE

{{gwi:1222217}}

WINNING COLORS

{{gwi:1222218}}

WOMAN'S VALUE

{{gwi:1222219}}

WORLD PEACE

{{gwi:1222220}}

WORTHWHILE

{{gwi:1222222}}

YANKEE DOODLE

YOUNG QUINN

ZAMBRA '93

ZORINA

Here is a link that might be useful: My Albums

Comments (20)

• mashamcl
    13 years ago

Lovely roses, Beth! I loved Worthwhile and World Peace.

Masha

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

No, no, don't let it ever end!
    Oh, okay- I'll just have to save the address of your album to my favorites. Thank you for taking us through the winter with your wonderful photography and roses. It has been such a pleasure.
    Renee

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Love the picture of Wild Blue Yonder, a rose I have and love.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Another bunch of lovelies!!! You have been a big enabler of mine. Bad girl!!! Thanks for sharing, Judy

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

WOW!!!!!! These are all just beautiful.That WORLD PEACE is gorgeous.And I just Love that WILD BLUE YOUNDER, too. Gorgeous roses. I have 4 blooms opening today on my KnOCK OUT. tHE SINGLE bloom, and I have a double red KNOCKOUT with several buds.Won't be long till I have a few blooms.I have really injoyed youe blooms,and sorry they have come to the end,,for now.

Jean

• lesmc
    13 years ago

Beth, I can not thank you enough for sharing your rose alphabet with us. I enjoyed it so much. Every letter was informative and just down right beautiful. I had to sp my Wild Blue Yonder due to rabbit damage, but after seeing your photo, I will buy and try it again. That is a beautiful picture! Thanks again, and I look forward to upcoming posts. Lesley

• Zyperiris
    13 years ago

oh..I'm so sad it's over!

• daun
    13 years ago

Thank you! You make a long winter fun by your posts...

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks you guys! I do love to enable! Hee-hee! Hang in there and soon the spring blooms will be showing up for us all, and we'll all be competing to show 'em off again! I can't wait! But if it doesn't quit raining and start warming up soon, I'm gonna go nuts!! Winter just does not want to go away!!

• azurerose
    13 years ago

This was a fantastic series! It has been the first thing I look for when I hop onto the GardenWeb. :)

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

WAIHEKE & WE SALUTE YOU are grabbing my attention. Chicago Peace needs to bloom to satisfy my sunset color urge.

The rain storm that just passed was welcomed by the roses. We have lots of buds. Colette has blooms hiding in the foliage. Still cool.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

What a spectacular finish!

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

W is for Wonderful, Y is for Why it will always continue (hurray for Spring), and Z is for a zestful collection of beauteous delights. Cheers!

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

X is for Xtra special roses!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

So glad I found the time at the end of my day to check in here. I'm with you Beth. Winter just seems to keep hanging on. It will be in the 30's tonight and the west wind has been howling for he last several days from all the fronts moving our way. I get so sick of the wind. Anyway, your roses are a delight and all are so tempting. My three favorite out of this bunch are Westerland, Westminster Pink, and Wild Blue Yonder. Can you tell me how big your Wild Blue gets and what the repeat is like?

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

Who would have thought so many pretty roses resided at the end of the alphabet!
    No, it isn't going to warm up. These few days are only a teaser. Cold is returning and we are expecting another crummy weekend. Your photos are cheery, Beth.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Maryl, my WBY grows rather straight upright, about 2ft wide and up to about 5ft tall. Repeat is fairly decent. I think I got three good flushes the last couple yrs. I had it in a big ceramic pot, but this fall I stuck it in the ground, so I might see different results this yr.

Oh Kathy! I know... they keep saying we're to get rain again this weekend. When will it ever end? I know we need the water, but I need a break. It's so depressing!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

Thank you Beth for the information on WBY. As it's a narrow grower and not overly tall, I just may be able to find a spot for it. Here's to it warming up (but not HEATING up) for all of us.

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Lovely pictures---WBY is gorgeous----and white diamond is really white-and so pretty---World Peace is pretty--I love all of them.

Florence

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

I loved all your pictures Beth, thanks for taking the time to share all of the alphabet of roses with us! It was so much fun! LOL!