Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses 'W-Z' ... the end of the line!

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 18:08

Well, this is the last of the alphabet of rose pics from last season. Hopefully I'll be posting this season's pics soon!! (if winter ever decides to leave here!)

WAIHEKE
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

WATERCOLORS

WE SALUTE YOU

WELCOME HOME

WESTERLAND CL

WESTMINSTER PINK

WHITE DIAMOND

WHITE TIMELESS

WHY NOT CERISE?

WILD BLUE YONDER

WILDFIRE

WINNING COLORS

WOMAN'S VALUE

WORLD PEACE

WORTHWHILE

YANKEE DOODLE

YOUNG QUINN

ZAMBRA '93

ZORINA

Here is a link that might be useful: My Albums

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses 'W-Z' ... the end of the line!

Lovely roses, Beth! I loved Worthwhile and World Peace.

Masha

o

No, no, don't let it ever end!
Oh, okay- I'll just have to save the address of your album to my favorites. Thank you for taking us through the winter with your wonderful photography and roses. It has been such a pleasure.
Renee

o

Love the picture of Wild Blue Yonder, a rose I have and love.

o

Another bunch of lovelies!!! You have been a big enabler of mine. Bad girl!!! Thanks for sharing, Judy

o

WOW!!!!!! These are all just beautiful.That WORLD PEACE is gorgeous.And I just Love that WILD BLUE YOUNDER, too. Gorgeous roses. I have 4 blooms opening today on my KnOCK OUT. tHE SINGLE bloom, and I have a double red KNOCKOUT with several buds.Won't be long till I have a few blooms.I have really injoyed youe blooms,and sorry they have come to the end,,for now.

Jean

o

Beth, I can not thank you enough for sharing your rose alphabet with us. I enjoyed it so much. Every letter was informative and just down right beautiful. I had to sp my Wild Blue Yonder due to rabbit damage, but after seeing your photo, I will buy and try it again. That is a beautiful picture! Thanks again, and I look forward to upcoming posts. Lesley

o

oh..I'm so sad it's over!

o

• Posted by daun DeltaDaun-z9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 20:27

Thank you! You make a long winter fun by your posts...

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 21:07

Thanks you guys! I do love to enable! Hee-hee! Hang in there and soon the spring blooms will be showing up for us all, and we'll all be competing to show 'em off again! I can't wait! But if it doesn't quit raining and start warming up soon, I'm gonna go nuts!! Winter just does not want to go away!!

o

This was a fantastic series! It has been the first thing I look for when I hop onto the GardenWeb. :)

o

WAIHEKE & WE SALUTE YOU are grabbing my attention. Chicago Peace needs to bloom to satisfy my sunset color urge.

The rain storm that just passed was welcomed by the roses. We have lots of buds. Colette has blooms hiding in the foliage. Still cool.

o

What a spectacular finish!

o

W is for Wonderful, Y is for Why it will always continue (hurray for Spring), and Z is for a zestful collection of beauteous delights. Cheers!

o
Ooops, I forgot one more letter

X is for Xtra special roses!

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 2:14

So glad I found the time at the end of my day to check in here. I'm with you Beth. Winter just seems to keep hanging on. It will be in the 30's tonight and the west wind has been howling for he last several days from all the fronts moving our way. I get so sick of the wind. Anyway, your roses are a delight and all are so tempting. My three favorite out of this bunch are Westerland, Westminster Pink, and Wild Blue Yonder. Can you tell me how big your Wild Blue gets and what the repeat is like?

o

Who would have thought so many pretty roses resided at the end of the alphabet!
No, it isn't going to warm up. These few days are only a teaser. Cold is returning and we are expecting another crummy weekend. Your photos are cheery, Beth.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 11:43

Thanks everybody!

Maryl, my WBY grows rather straight upright, about 2ft wide and up to about 5ft tall. Repeat is fairly decent. I think I got three good flushes the last couple yrs. I had it in a big ceramic pot, but this fall I stuck it in the ground, so I might see different results this yr.

Oh Kathy! I know... they keep saying we're to get rain again this weekend. When will it ever end? I know we need the water, but I need a break. It's so depressing!

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 10, 10 at 3:08

Thank you Beth for the information on WBY. As it's a narrow grower and not overly tall, I just may be able to find a spot for it. Here's to it warming up (but not HEATING up) for all of us.

o

Lovely pictures---WBY is gorgeous----and white diamond is really white-and so pretty---World Peace is pretty--I love all of them.

Florence

o

I loved all your pictures Beth, thanks for taking the time to share all of the alphabet of roses with us! It was so much fun! LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here