Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gemini

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 18:20

This is a truly amazing rose. Too bad I got it as a standard, as the rose grows too big later in the season to even photograph. Here is what it looks like now.

Fame and English Sachet in background.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gemini

These are BEAUTIFUL!! I just planted my Gemini today and I can't wait to see it bloom! Hopefully it's as pretty and full as yours!

o

It is really such a lovely rose.

o

This may be my favorite hybrid tea, and your photos are wonderful.
Renee

o

Beautiful. Mine is getting ready to bloom soon. I can't wait.

o

A friend of mine has this rose and it is so gorgeous and healthy.

Great picture

Florence

o

Wow!! Those are amazingly beautiful two-toned perfect blooms. I keep thinking of getting it, but I really like scented roses. Where I lived before - none of my roses had scent. But here, scent actually happens, and I long for it. But oh my goodness those are gorgeous!!!

I'm going back up for another look!! :)

Carol

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 23:34

Very nice indeed. I like that rose a lot.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 27, 11 at 13:54

Very nice group of pictures. Makes me go hmmmmm...Maybe I need to buy this rose. I've always been leary about the thrips problem though.

o

It has never had a thrips problem here, Mary. To me, it is a 'beginner' rose as it always opens perfectly.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 20:09

Wow! That's amazing, Kathy! Have you tried pruning it really deep to keep it shorter? I agree that HT's don't make the best standards for the very reason you mention. They just like to grow too tall. But you have to admit they're gorgeous!

o

Seil, I do prune it way back in winter, but HTs are bred to have long stems and IMHO, should not be offered as standards. Not all of us, especially me, are smart enough to know this! Even Ebb Tide, which isn't a HT, grows too tall for a standard. Oh well, we learn sometimes after mistakes.

o

Beautiful! Sigh, I HAD a Gemini, but it has RRD or some kind of disease and I had to shovel prune it.

o

Its a very beautiful rose.And it has a very good scent when it first opens.Later in the day the scent kind of vanishes.

Jean

o

Beautiful!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, May 5, 11 at 20:02

When you dead head cut deeper, Kathy. It shouldn't hurt it a bit and maybe will keep the blooms down where you want them.

o

Kathy--Just like a ad in Gardens Beautiful.--Ron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here