White Licorice is closing a bit at night and then opening in the morning

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Epies are starting

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh my!!!
    I adore all of your pink roses. They are exquisite!! They left me breathless.

Wow!
    Carol

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Jasmina is wonderful.

• maxuna14
    10 years ago

very beautifully Rose

Here is a link that might be useful: tamashebi

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

La Reine is beautiful.

How do you prune Jasmina? Gorgeous up there in the tree.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I put my eye protection on and my thick gloves and I push the floppy canes around in the branches as best I can. I am up on a ladder with one hand on the tree and the other on the rose. The canes coming up from the ground get tied to the trunks ( it's a crepe myrtle with 4 trunks ) until they are in areas where the smaller branches will hold them in place. Wind always seems to blow some canes loose anyway and then I have to climb up and put them back. I prune it like a climber mostly except where the branches would grab someone on the walk. Those I just tie out of the way or cut out completely. This rose likes to make new canes shooting out at odd angles from the ground. The ones I can tie up, I leave and the ones I can't, I cut away at ground level.

• gryhwk2330
    10 years ago

Kittymoonbeam, your La Reine is beautiful! I bought a band of her last year. She had a few blooms and did well, but out did herself with a growth spurt in the Fall. She should be beautiful; I can't wait to see how she does this year!

Does yours rebloom?

Thanks for sharing,
    Kerry

• JuanaJennifer
    10 years ago

Your roses color is very awesome and look like very beautiful. You can use it in decoration places. Floralmachine.com also have huge collection of these kinds of flowers. I really love this flowers.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

La Reine re blooms here and there nothing I would call a flush until fall when she blooms again but not like in spring. A little trim in August helps with the rebloom. I'm near Disneyland in CA and don't get reliable reblooming from HPs and Bourbons. Cold winter areas get better results.

• zjw727
    10 years ago

Your La Reine is gorgeous!

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

They're all beautiful but love that Jasmina in the tree!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I know I've been flooding the Gallery with heart stopping photos of members' roses and gardens from May and June, but bear with me because Kitty's roses are so beautiful I want you to see them again. Her la Reine is indeed the queen and Jasmina is the princess. All the roses in this group are of the quality that deserve another look. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Diane - Keep it up, I love looking at these threads, this was right before I joined and I missed out on some of them.. Kitty - Your roses are spectacular! The La Reine and Jasmina are both lovely and I love the contrast in the colors of New Day and Maria Callas, two of my favorites. They are all really gorgeous.

• bellarosa
    9 years ago

Wow! Your roses are all so beautiful. I just bought a Jasmina rose. Hope you can look as stunning as yours!

• anh3012
    9 years ago

Gorgeous roses!
    Anh

• ArbutusOmnedo 10/24
    9 years ago

Wow, puts the La Reine at the Huntington to shame! And I love that Epiphyllum too! I picked up a couple at the Huntington Fall Plant Sale that I'm excited to see develop from little rooted cuttings.

Jay

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you friends, it's really all the roses' hard work. I just keep them watered and mulched. Then if the weather is good the plants benefit. The last few years have seen a rough wind during the spring flush. Especially last year, the wind blew all the Jasmina flowers away just after this picture was taken. As long as the plant thrives, there's always next year. That rose has made so much growth now and is up above the tree into the sun.

La Reine has always been reliable here. I love the damask fragrance. I would love to grow true damask roses but there's not enough chill where I am. I do grow Quatre Saisons/ Autumn Damask for the history and the fragrance. Baronne Prevost planted nearby, is better at reblooming but La Reine is still my favorite. I wish I had room for a hedge of this rose.

This post was edited by kittymoonbeam on Wed, Nov 5, 14 at 10:55

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm