Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

More and more blooming!

TNY78
12 years ago

This week I had a few more to open up! Check them out :)

Tammy

Pat Austin

{{gwi:1225446}}

Jacqueline du Pre

{{gwi:1225447}}

Compte de Chambord

{{gwi:1225448}}

Dream Weaver

{{gwi:1225449}}

My pink mystery climber (it was labeled Adalaide Hoodless at HD)

{{gwi:1225450}}

Westside Rd Cream Tea

{{gwi:1225452}}

Nelly Moser (yes, not a rose, but doesn't my first clematis deserve mention? lol)

{{gwi:1225453}}

Strawberry Hill...a very odd looking bloom for her...

{{gwi:1225454}}

Comments (12)

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Lovely!!

I really like your J du Pre. I'm not a fan of singles; but that one makes me change my mind!!! WOW
    Carol

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

They are all lovely, I especially like the Tea Rose, looks like porcelain.

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

Hi Tammy: that's the best pic. of Pat Austin that I have ever seen. What do you feed her to get such pretty swirls in her bloom? Mine is in full sun now, I'm thinking about moving her to morning sun only - her color isn't pretty dark orange like yours.

That mystery climber is a beauty! I love dark pink color. Thank you, Tammy, for previous recommendation of Blue Mist . I really like its pretty leaves. It looks more like an annual flower, than a rose.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Tammy! I like that odd Strawberry Hill bloom, very fancy!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone! I can't wait for some of my ramblers and once-bloomers to go!

Strawberry, I really don't do anything special with my Pat Austin, she has just always liked it here :) I have her on the west side of my house right against the white siding/concrete wall, so she gets the hottest sun. Other than that I just occationally use granular fertilizer. Her and Charles Darwin are my two favorite Austins :) You're welcome on Blue Mist...its a great performer!

• NewGirlinNorCal
    12 years ago

What a pretty clematis! It reminds me of a passion flower. I have the standard purple clematis and I'm just so grateful that it threw seedlings that I'm not going to tempt fate by getting any others.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

As beautiful as Pat Austin is (and she is indeed lovely), I'm really intrigued by your mystery climber. That is one gorgeous rose. Surely someone can identify her, beauty that she is!

Thanks for sharing pics.

Kate

• TNY78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Kathy....the mystery climber really is beautiful! I'm actually very happy it didn't end up being Adalaide Hoodless! I'll have to post picks when she goes into her full flush...she's stunning!

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Oops, Tammy! I thought I had written on your thread, but what lovely sweet blooms! I can't wait to see and celebrate your once-bloomers too.... I actually love the one you call "odd-looking". It looks very romantic like a cross between a magnolia and a Jacques Cartier bloom. I really really wanted Jacque Cartier/Marchesa Boccella, but I found out that all my pinks fade to white and that just drove me berserk and Marchesa is a pink rose (sigh) My garden is currently overglutted with pink....

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

Beautiful roses, every one of them! I also have Westside Rose Cream Tea; it's become a very bush plant, and blooms a lot. Thank you for the lovely pictures.

Ingrid

• lovemysheltie
    12 years ago

All of them are lovely but I love the color of Pat Austin!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

So precious- Jacqueline du Pre is a stunner.