Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More and more blooming!

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 22:01

This week I had a few more to open up! Check them out :)

Tammy

Pat Austin
Photobucket

Jacqueline du Pre
Photobucket

Compte de Chambord
Photobucket

Dream Weaver
Photobucket

My pink mystery climber (it was labeled Adalaide Hoodless at HD)
Photobucket

Westside Rd Cream Tea
Photobucket

Nelly Moser (yes, not a rose, but doesn't my first clematis deserve mention? lol)
Photobucket

Strawberry Hill...a very odd looking bloom for her...
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More and more blooming!

Lovely!!

I really like your J du Pre. I'm not a fan of singles; but that one makes me change my mind!!! WOW
Carol

o

They are all lovely, I especially like the Tea Rose, looks like porcelain.

o

Hi Tammy: that's the best pic. of Pat Austin that I have ever seen. What do you feed her to get such pretty swirls in her bloom? Mine is in full sun now, I'm thinking about moving her to morning sun only - her color isn't pretty dark orange like yours.

That mystery climber is a beauty! I love dark pink color. Thank you, Tammy, for previous recommendation of Blue Mist . I really like its pretty leaves. It looks more like an annual flower, than a rose.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 17:31

Beautiful, Tammy! I like that odd Strawberry Hill bloom, very fancy!

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 21:00

Thanks everyone! I can't wait for some of my ramblers and once-bloomers to go!

Strawberry, I really don't do anything special with my Pat Austin, she has just always liked it here :) I have her on the west side of my house right against the white siding/concrete wall, so she gets the hottest sun. Other than that I just occationally use granular fertilizer. Her and Charles Darwin are my two favorite Austins :) You're welcome on Blue Mist...its a great performer!

o

What a pretty clematis! It reminds me of a passion flower. I have the standard purple clematis and I'm just so grateful that it threw seedlings that I'm not going to tempt fate by getting any others.

o

As beautiful as Pat Austin is (and she is indeed lovely), I'm really intrigued by your mystery climber. That is one gorgeous rose. Surely someone can identify her, beauty that she is!

Thanks for sharing pics.

Kate

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 11:44

Thanks Kathy....the mystery climber really is beautiful! I'm actually very happy it didn't end up being Adalaide Hoodless! I'll have to post picks when she goes into her full flush...she's stunning!

o

Oops, Tammy! I thought I had written on your thread, but what lovely sweet blooms! I can't wait to see and celebrate your once-bloomers too.... I actually love the one you call "odd-looking". It looks very romantic like a cross between a magnolia and a Jacques Cartier bloom. I really really wanted Jacque Cartier/Marchesa Boccella, but I found out that all my pinks fade to white and that just drove me berserk and Marchesa is a pink rose (sigh) My garden is currently overglutted with pink....

o

Beautiful roses, every one of them! I also have Westside Rose Cream Tea; it's become a very bush plant, and blooms a lot. Thank you for the lovely pictures.

Ingrid

o

All of them are lovely but I love the color of Pat Austin!

o

So precious- Jacqueline du Pre is a stunner.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here