Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Julia Child in bloom

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 22:40

This is the easiest rose I have. It always seems to be in bloom, and it has such a nice shape.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Julia Child in bloom

I agree totally--Julia is wonderful and yours is one of the best. The companions are pretty darn lovely, too. Diane

o

Oh, this is one of my favorite roses.. Such a workhorse in the garden... Mine is only in bud right now.. Love the frothy Chrysanthemum paludosum.. Looks great with everything.. The lavender iris is great with the yellow too.
Here's a lousy shot of mine from last year in front of the vegetable garden (ok... a few iris snuck in)

This post was edited by sherryaustin on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 12:01

o

Your garden is always an inspiration. I love Julia Child too. My Julia Child always makes me feel delightful because of her cheerful color and fragrance. Thank you for sharing your photo.

o

Your garden is ALWAYS so gorgeous!
That is a perfect rose for sure! Wow!
Your companion plants really set her off, like jewels in a crown.
You are an artistic gardener. Looks like something in a Monet painting.
Simply breathtaking!
~Annie

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 18:51

Beautiful picture! It's so healthy and full of blooms. I love mine too.

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 20:57

Your Julia looks great! :)

o

What an incredible photo--so beautiful! My new JC has one tiny bloom open so far. Thanks for sharing that photo!

o

That is just gorgeous, what a lovely rose surrounded by a lovely entourage :)

o

sherryaustin,

Just wanted to say that your garden photo is beautiful as well.
I just love your place on the hillside. Reminds me of my childhood home.
I plan on replacing my decayed picket fence with one like yours with the wire to keep critters out (or in).
Is that an orchard going up the hillside?
Beautiful roses and irises.
Lovely Country Cottage Garden setting.
~Annie

o

Beautiful as always! Julia Child is one of my favorites too, mine is just starting to show color on the first bud and I'm looking forward to a good flush in a little while.

o

That picture is a perfect composition. You should have it printed out in a larger format and have it framed. And what a rose! A natural star for a painting if I ever saw one. Mr. Monet would have painted it several times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here