Blooming today in mom's garden.

Yves Piaget

Perdita

Heaven on Earth, new this year.

Renee

Comments (19)

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

So beautiful. Great combos and great colors.

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Wow. That garden, with all its colors, it truly amazing. Go, Renee!

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Wow. Beautiful. I can't believe all those things blooming at once. How cool is that? Doesn't happen in my garden. Sigh...

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Heaven on Earth - yes, indeed!

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    12 years ago

Just lovely, Renee! I love the alstroemeria mixed in with the roses. So gorgeous.

Patty S.

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

Wow, I am in love with the way the garden is designed. It is absolute perfection with the Alstromera (boo hoo! I can't grow any here ;-( ), Iris, and foxglove. That Perdita rose is amazing. But then again I have a weakness for peach/apricot roses, even more so if they are DA's!!

Thanks to both you and your mom for the garden tour! ;-)
    CMK

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

That's an astonishingly lovely display. Please give your Mom my compliments. I love how she's combined the colors so harmoniously. Yves Piaget is one of my great favorites and I can't wait for mine to bloom.

Ingrid

• reneestauffer
    12 years ago

Oh wow, so beautiful!
    ~Renee (in NY)

• beansie
    12 years ago

really beautiful. It reminds me of the garden at the house I grew up in. I love perdita and heaven on earth, they have been added to my wish list. The garden looks so rich and dreamy.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Stunning.

Yves Piaget is my favorite rose, and my husband couldn't get the rose pot into the garage last year. The pot had frozen to the ground. He got all of my other roses in, but not my absolute favorite. It's so nice to see your mom's Yves Piaget. Isn't it huge!!!!

I tried Heaven on Earth once. It sure didn't look like that. It might have gotten better over time, but it died in my great rose die off.

I can't believe how gorgeous it all looks!!! Wow!!

Carol

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Beautiful!
    kay

• rootygirl
    12 years ago

What a beautiful garden, complete with great colors and textures.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Perdida is still enchanting me. Looking forward to your assessment of Heaven On Earth. The pictures are gorgeous.

• deesj
    12 years ago

Does anybody have any information about where to purchase "Perdita"???

• kasiec
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. It's so postcard perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Kasie

• phatboyrose
    12 years ago

Your garden is truly Spectacular so many beautiful roses as well as the other gorgeous varieties, my eyes were like a kid in a candy shop, where to look first. I love your Heaven on Earth, it is my wife favorite rose. Thank you for sharing and post more soon.
    Harold

• Carrie_AZ
    12 years ago

Very Pretty, I love all the colors. Is that chamomile behind Perdita???
    Carrie

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Not a trace of disease on your rose leaves. What fungicide do you use? Heaven on Earth is striking with new and old blooms? Does it last long on the bush?

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

For Deesj: Perdita can be purchased through Roses Unlimited (don't e-mail them, just call).

For Hosenemesis: Lovely pictures - I enjoy them all. How would you describe the fragrance of Perdita (it won an award). Is is prickly all over? Is there enough space between the thorns to be cut without wearing gloves? I got pricked badly so I have to be careful about cutting roses for vase.

Many thanks.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH