Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Spring is bursting out all over!

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

Some of my roses haven't done much of anything yet, but I'm really surprised at how other roses are bursting into bloom 4-5 weeks early. Here's the latest batch that have opened.

Mrs. John Laing--hybrid perpetual. I really adore her big fat blooms. Only one bloom so far, but it is a doozy!

{{gwi:208905}}

Home Run hedge--between my neighbor's flower bed and my yard. Don't think anyone will miss this boundary line, do you?

{{gwi:286502}}

Double Delight bud--big fat green caterpillar devoured the first bloom on this bush, but here is the second one doing its best to replace it.

Double Delight--early bloom, still has whitish center. This is from my other Double Delight. I like watching blooms evolve. Check out the next one also.

Double Delight, older bloom--more red from being out in the sun longer, I guess. Interesting how different the blooms can be on the same bush.

{{gwi:1226300}}

Sweet Diana (mini rose) hedge--this one is absolutely bursting into bloom also, but for some reason, my camera doesn't quite capture how charming it is.

Dublin Bay Climber--first bloom has opened.

Mayflower--this David Austin always blooms early. Look at all those buds (and the bluish-purple iris in the background).

Bluish-lavender and white iris--have no idea what its name is -- got it at a gift. First one to open--looks lovely with the roses (but the rose next to it hasn't opened yet)!

That's all for now. I sure am enjoying all my early bloomers. Hope you do to.

Kate

Comments (9)