Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

Sunny days bring lots of roses

peachymomo
13 years ago

It looks like I'm not the only one whose garden is responding to the warmer, sunnier weather! I've got roses at my home and more over at my mothers where there is more sun and room.

My first ever bloom on my new Golden Buddha

Sunsprite

Buff Beauty, another first bloom for me

Gruss an Aachen

Mr. Lincoln

Mystery Rose

General Allard

Joseph's Coat

Sheila's Perfume

And a rose I inherited with my house whose name I don't know

I'm so happy the roses are starting to bloom, but I still can't wait until the spring flush really gets going.

Have a nice day!

Comments (15)

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Golden Buddha is enough to melt your heart. I love your Gruss An Aachen, too, and now I must go buy one.
    Renee

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Wow, they're all beautiful. That last rose could be maybe SUNDOWNER or MOJAVE?

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

Yes, they are looking great. Golden Buddha is my kind of rose. Funny, I don't remember my Gruss looking like your photo. Mine hasn't started to bloom yet.
    Isn't it a fun time right now?

• C Schaffner
    13 years ago

Golden buddha is so pretty. I love it, my bush is usually covered with those big beautiful orangy, peachy blooms.

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Lovely roses, Peachymomo! Golden Buddha is so lively, love the colors and cheers to Lincoln!

• peachymomo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone!

I'm excited about Golden Buddha as well, there are lots more buds on it. I wonder if the flowers will be more yellow in hot weather?

I was expecting the Gruss an Aachen to look a little different, it is the first bloom ever on a new plant so I don't know if it was mislabled and is actually a different rose. I was hoping that by posting a pic here I would discover the truth!

Mr. Lincoln is another inherited rose, the blooms are so fragrant the scent wafts. It is planted in my mother's patio area and the scent of the flowers get blown toward the house and trapped in the patio and it becomes delightfully fragrant in there. I love it.

Sundowner or Mohave, hmm... I looked at them on HMF and I think they are both better roses than my found rose. The blooms on mine have no fragrance or a slightly unpleasant fragrance depending on the smeller, they don't last long and when they 'blow' they are pretty unsightly. It only looks good in cool weather and will probably SP'd as soon as I need the space, but since I don't have many other blooms and that was a good one I had to post it.

Thanks again!

• C Schaffner
    13 years ago

Golden buddha is so pretty. I love it, my bush is usually covered with those big beautiful orangy, peachy blooms.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Great looking roses you have there!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful, peachymomo, thank you for showing us these lovely roses.

Ingrid

• seil zone 6b MI
    13 years ago

They're all gorgeous! Wish I knew what that mystery rose was cuz it sure is a beauty!

• CapeHeart
    13 years ago

Wonderful pics of Beautiful Roses!!! Send some warm air here! So nice!

• sweetvenge
    12 years ago

Beautiful roses you have there.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Isn't Golden Buddha something!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness!!! Your roses are spectacular!!! Golden Buddha, Mr. Lincoln, Joseph's Coat, the General and Gruss are my favorites. My daughter drooled over Sunsprite!!! It's wonderful to get my rose fix here since I can't get it at home.

Thanks!!
    Carol

• ramblinrosez7b
    12 years ago

Very pretty roses, I love all of them.