Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronda_in_carolina

Double Delight....ooh la LA!

ronda_in_carolina
12 years ago

No idea how this rose stays clean in my yard....but I am not complaining!

Comments (20)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Lovely bloosm, I can "almost" smell them. :>)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

It looks great!

• C Schaffner
    12 years ago

Beautiful. I think Double delight is my favorite. I have trouble growing it in my yard. I have 2 and neither one are good growers. Maybe I need to get one from a place other than a big box store.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

Dramatic!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Wow!! They have yellow in them too. Is that usual?

Carol

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

I never get tired of looking at this rose. They are wonderful photos, too!

• TriniStar
    12 years ago

Very pretty!!

• ronda_in_carolina
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It opens cream and then begins going red. This bud was a deep cream because it was cold and rainy here prior to its opening.

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

This rose always stands out in a bouquet---I lost mine a few years ago but I enjoyed it while I had it----Yours is lovely.

Florence

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Okay - didn't know that cream vs. white was an option too. What an amazing rose!!

Carol

• ronda_in_carolina
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The fragrance is powerful. I love it.

It sometimes gets a mottled pink look that I don't care for so I am apt to cut the stems as soon as the bud shows color to bring inside. Long lasting but very little Pink/red this way.

I let the bud open more if I want the coloration I showed above. Heat/Sun brings the pink/red.

• buford
    12 years ago

ronda, wow. I couldn't get any blooms on DD before I started spraying.

Speaking of white vs cream, I had this DD bloom that was underneath a lot of foliage and was almost pure white...

{{gwi:1222642}}

• ronda_in_carolina
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I know!!!! This rose is supposed to be a BS magnet....but I am not telling her that!!!!

Minimal BS and I don't spray...if only I was this lucky when they draw the lottery numbers!! :o)

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Lucky you Ronda! That's lovely! If you ever figure out the secret to your healthy DD please share! Both of mine are BS magnets but the blooms are so gorgeous and the smell so wonderful that I just deal with it.

• susan4952
    12 years ago

ooh la La is right!

• leo_leo_1
    11 years ago

Hi everybody. IâÂÂm looking to buy cutting or bare roots of Double Delight rose. Can anybody help me with any information? Thanks

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Beautiful blooms, Ronda!

DD is a phototropic rose. That means the color changes with the temperature and the amount of sun it gets. Mine can be any where from nearly snow white with very little red to nearly all red with some deep cream/almost yellow at the base of the petals and anything and everything else in between.

This is the same bloom over the course of about 24 hours.

{{gwi:300300}}

{{gwi:300301}}

{{gwi:300303}}

And then the next day.

{{gwi:300302}}

But this is how I like it best.

• pootpoot1
    10 years ago

seil, that's amazing! Thanks for the pictures.

• pootpoot1
    10 years ago

seil, that's amazing! Thanks for the pictures.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

I like the 2nd and 3rd photos the best. What an amazing rose! Then, you probably get many different roses going through their own changes at the same time. Must be awesome.
    Carol