Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Delight....ooh la LA!

Posted by ronda_in_carolina Upstate SC -7a (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 22, 11 at 23:36

No idea how this rose stays clean in my yard....but I am not complaining!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Delight....ooh la LA!

Lovely bloosm, I can "almost" smell them. :>)

o

It looks great!

o

Beautiful. I think Double delight is my favorite. I have trouble growing it in my yard. I have 2 and neither one are good growers. Maybe I need to get one from a place other than a big box store.

o

Dramatic!

o

Wow!! They have yellow in them too. Is that usual?

Carol

o

I never get tired of looking at this rose. They are wonderful photos, too!

o

Very pretty!!

o

It opens cream and then begins going red. This bud was a deep cream because it was cold and rainy here prior to its opening.

o

This rose always stands out in a bouquet---I lost mine a few years ago but I enjoyed it while I had it----Yours is lovely.

Florence

o

Okay - didn't know that cream vs. white was an option too. What an amazing rose!!

Carol

o

The fragrance is powerful. I love it.

It sometimes gets a mottled pink look that I don't care for so I am apt to cut the stems as soon as the bud shows color to bring inside. Long lasting but very little Pink/red this way.

I let the bud open more if I want the coloration I showed above. Heat/Sun brings the pink/red.

o

ronda, wow. I couldn't get any blooms on DD before I started spraying.

Speaking of white vs cream, I had this DD bloom that was underneath a lot of foliage and was almost pure white...

o

I know!!!! This rose is supposed to be a BS magnet....but I am not telling her that!!!!

Minimal BS and I don't spray...if only I was this lucky when they draw the lottery numbers!! :o)

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 20:42

Lucky you Ronda! That's lovely! If you ever figure out the secret to your healthy DD please share! Both of mine are BS magnets but the blooms are so gorgeous and the smell so wonderful that I just deal with it.

o

ooh la La is right!

o

Hi everybody. I’m looking to buy cutting or bare roots of Double Delight rose. Can anybody help me with any information? Thanks

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 1:02

Beautiful blooms, Ronda!

DD is a phototropic rose. That means the color changes with the temperature and the amount of sun it gets. Mine can be any where from nearly snow white with very little red to nearly all red with some deep cream/almost yellow at the base of the petals and anything and everything else in between.

This is the same bloom over the course of about 24 hours.

Double Delight 8-3-06 3:36pm photo 2006_08030001.jpg

Double Delight 8-3-06 8:43pm photo 2006_08030001az.jpg

Double Dellight 8-4-06 1:58pm photo 2006_08040020a.jpg

And then the next day.

Double Delight 8-5-06 1:27pm photo 2006_08060009a.jpg

But this is how I like it best.

Double Delight photo ddp2012_08130014.jpg

o

seil, that's amazing! Thanks for the pictures.

o

seil, that's amazing! Thanks for the pictures.

o

I like the 2nd and 3rd photos the best. What an amazing rose! Then, you probably get many different roses going through their own changes at the same time. Must be awesome.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here