Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Two different Climbing Pinkies, Brass Band, and more

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Climbing Pinkie has peaked in both my garden and my mom's. Hers first, since it looks like a dang wedding. She has Pinkie on one side and Renae on the other:

Pinkie:

Renae:

Here's mine:

Here's the back, with a pretty hippeastrum:

Bronze Star:

Bishop's Castle:

Showbiz:

{{gwi:551679}}

Double Delight with Cajun Rhythm irises:

It's been a lovely cool spring here. I wish all of you had the same good fortune, and I am thinking about everyone in the path of the tornadoes and flooding.

Renee

Comments (20)

• oceanna
    12 years ago

Wow. That's totally enchanting, Renee. Those climbing pinkies are amazing, but it's the entire setting that makes the huge impact. Just stunning, and certainly inspirational!

• pippi21
    12 years ago

Both gardens are equally beautiful in their own way! How many years did it take to get them that way? I'm in awe at the sharp colors. Mind telling us what the small orange/peach flowers are in the photo with the iris? From afar they look like they may be violas or pansies but I have never seen either of those flowers in colors like that. Quite unusual..also there looks like same flower but in pink in photo next to last? You must live in California..to be able to grow such beautiful roses like that. The most beautiful roses I have ever seen was in the Edwards AFB area. Every single house seem to grow roses..each outdid the neighbor's. Something tells me that they did not get a lot of rain though.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Geez that arbour with the pink roses is STUNNING! And the red roses against the white lilies STUNNING! Your combos are always so perfect and beautiful.

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Beautiful garden Renee! I love how you mix all the perennials and bulbs with the roses. You have a really good eye for arranging them. I just throw them in wherever and they looks all hodge-podged.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Love em all, but the climbing Pinkies are wonderful!

Kate

• luckygal
    12 years ago

Gorgeous roses and gardens! Thanks so much for showing us.

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful...both gardens! I love all the combinations which showcase your beautiful and healthy roses. The Showbiz rose with the white lilies is my favorite. I would love to have that rose in my garden. Thanks for sharing your garden with us. Lesley

• jenn
    12 years ago

Wow......... wow........WOW!!! Positively dreamy.

Thank you for sharing... now I have a bunch more plant names to research. :) What is the bright green-foliage plant behind the Iris?

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Absolutely stunning, Renee! What a glorious showing of climbers and color! The perfect garden combinations! Outstanding! I love the up-close and full climber comparisons of Pinkie's beauty. I tried to do the same for my upcoming Lumpy thread with Cornelia, but my garden never rises above Ghastly, lol! thank the Lord I have a lovely border collie to make it a little less "painful" to view, haha!

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts Renee! Hope all this sweep of tornadoes, hail, and flooding will come to a stop....

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    12 years ago

Wowie, Renee!! Sure makes all the rain and fungus stuff we had just a few months ago worth it! Your and your mom's garden have just exploded! So gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

Patty S.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness, how very beautiful your and your mother's gardens are! Like everyone else, I adore the arbors with the pink roses. So very beautiful, but each adn every picture shows another beautiful vista. Thank you for posting. Your photos bring joy to any gardener's heart who sees them.
    kay

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Both gardens are lovely! The roses are so lovely and healthy!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Aw, thanks, you guys. The weather here has really been cooperative. This has convinced me to get more roses, which means a five-year heat spell and drought is in order.

Pippi, the peachy-apricot flowers are nasturtiums, either Apricot Trifle or Creamsicle. The pinkish flowers in the second to the last photo are Martha Washington pelargoniums in a barrel.

Jenn, the chartreuse plant behind Cajun Rhythm is Golden Feverfew. Easy to grow from seed. I am not sure how tall it gets, but it's scaring me already. It gets little white daisy flowers.

I am so pleased with the Showbiz bed- it's the first time I ever had an idea that worked out right, where the plants bloomed together and were the right height. And I'm so glad they didn't die when the irrigation system broke last year and I didn't notice for two months!

Renee

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Wow!!! Since climbers don't really climb here (except William Baffin which I don't grow) - I am always in awe of beautiful climbing roses - and yours are among the most beautiful. Really takes my breath away.

The whole garden really sings. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Carol

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

This has convinced me to get more roses, which means a five-year heat spell and drought is in order.

Oh, don't jinx, please!

Seriously garden looks faaaaabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us all.

• wren_garden
    12 years ago

Heaven, just heaven. So lush! It is just the glory of sunshine I needed today. Such pretty combinations. Even the simple one of the red rose and white lilies. We have had rain almost everyday this May. We broke a 119 year record this week.

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Your garden is just beautiful! Very inspiring to this rose newbie who planted roses for the first time this spring. Finding that roses can be in the garden with everything else really got me going.

Please send all that extra rain down to south Texas. We are breaking all kinds of records for heat and drought around here.

• sanrosa
    12 years ago

Both gardens are CHARMING!
    Sandra

• HSwantabe
    12 years ago

Wow can't say ENOUGH..........amazing! Can you come do my flower beds :) How long did it take to her her roses going that well? I can't seem to do much with my climber :( Is pinky the name of the climber rose? All of flowers just looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing :) This is my first post on here........brand new to here, what a great start :)

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Renee, the photos of both Cl. Pinkie roses are just absolutely stunning! All the other garden shots are gorgeous, too, of course. You have such a feeling for plant and color combinations, I am really admiring it. I think, I need to get 'Bishop's Castle'. This rose has crossed my way now three times in a short time period and each time I just can adore it (not that I need another rose, at least not right now ;-)!

Thanks for sharing your garden pictures and I am looking forward to seeing more!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH