Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Showbiz bed in bloom

hosenemesis
10 years ago

This is my favorite bed. The lilies are just opening now. I'll post another photo when they are all open. I wish my camera would not fuzz out the red!

Comments (15)

• inga007

A very beautiful and neat garden.

• inga007

• inga007

• peachymomo
    10 years ago

So pretty! Earlier this year I was looking at the spotty leaves on my Showbiz and thinking about getting rid of it, then those fabulous red flowers started blooming and now my resolve is wavering. I think I'll try putting it in a sunnier spot to see if it performs better.

This post was edited by peachymomo on Mon, May 6, 13 at 10:15

• strawchicago z5
    10 years ago

Lovely stone path .. perfect color-combo. I love it!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

Beautiful path and overall design, Renee; you have a very artistic eye. The purple and lavender companion plants are lovely.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

That's a spectacular vista!

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

A wonderful garden scene. Thanks for sharing it!

• sidos_house
    10 years ago

You are an amazing gardener, Renee. Every picture of I see from you looks like it is straight out of a magazine! If you have time, could you show a more complete picture of the ladder-like structures you have? Are they for climbers? I am looking for some free-standing possibilities and those look intriguing.

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sidos-House, my husband Mikey built those out of scrap tree stakes we got from a shuttered nursery. He notched the stakes on each side and put a long screw through each joint. They are attached to distintegrating whiskey barrels on each side with plumber's tape for stability, but they go all cattywampus anyway, and as the whiskey barrels sink into the ground, they pull the arbors into parallelograms. I don't even want to think about what it will take to fix them.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Wow!!!
    What's the climber called? Stunning!!! I'm in awe!!

Your first picture is gorgeous too!!! Lovely path leading to a stunning rose!!
    Carol

• Maude80
    10 years ago

I love beautiful gardens with walkways like that. Also, how many years has that climber been growing on the arbor? I would love to get mine to look so full and thick:)
    Maude

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Wow that is a bright red....I like it!!! My camera does the same thing with reds and purples...it drives me nuts! I actually get more true color pictures on my phone's camera than my regular camerca...go figure!

And that stone path is to die for!

Tammy

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. Maude and Carol, that is Climbing Pinkie, and I think it is about four years old now, or maybe five. It is a vigorous rose, and by its second year it had grown over the arbor.

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

The same thing happened to me. I was wanting to take a picture of a red rose flush I saw and the camera fuzzed it out so it was just a blurr. Oh well. Yours is stunning. It's a bright red too that really shows up from a distance. I was walking past my Chrysler Imperial and it had a big beautiful bud just opening up and looking like a show table rose. I thought now that's the brightest red I've ever seen it, it seems so unusual for CI. Then I remembered I had my darker sunglasses on. I took them off and CI was the same red he has always been. I remember when I was a kid, I went to a birthday party and the theme was yellow submarine and Beatles. The mom handed out Elton John style colored glasses and we all went around the yard looking at the green (white, yellow) roses and daisies. We also had mardi gras beads and that plastic bubble stuff that comes in a tube and made rainbow bubbles that lasted. She had all kinds of color pinwheels and mobiles and windchimes. I still remember them going around. Your garden is so much fun with the bright colors and joyful mixing of plants in abundance. Thanks for putting the pictures up.