Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khavi

Eden Climber - A true beauty

KhaVi
11 years ago

Hi All,

I always want climbing roses over an arbor. I finally got an arbor up in my garden, thanks to my husband. There are so many beautiful climbing roses to choose, but I decided on Eden climber because of her charming beauty.

I intended to hold off sharing Eden pictures in this forum until they got a little bigger. However, I cannot wait any longer...:) I have just planted these two Eden climbers this winter from bareroot. They are now around 3.5 feet tall with total of about 40 blooms on both plants from the beginning of the season.

Part of the arbor view with Eden climber on each side

I never get tired looking at Eden blooms

Eden blooms last a very long time on the bush

Charming Eden on the arbor

Hope you all enjoy the photo. Thank you.

KhaVi

Comments (22)

• Longfei Yu
    11 years ago

very very elegant.
    I got a new Eden too this year. Hope she can grow fast and climb soon.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Your plant looks very healthy and the blooms flawless. That being said, I must note that here Eden has been a big disappointment. I don't know what weather it needs, but every year it balls and browns badly. Moreover, it has never repeated and has suffered a lot of winter damage.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Your Edens are spectacular! It's my favorite rose. Thank you for sharing the photos of your beautiful arbor.
    Renee

• KhaVi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all for your nice words.

freelong - I hope to see your Eden soon in this forum.
    mantis - I'm sorry to hear that Eden doesn't perform well in your area. Hopefully, my Eden will be OK in zone 9. I have seen Eden from the gardens in my area with spectacular shows in the Spring. That's why I decided to have Eden.
    Renee - Eden must be my new favorite in the garden too.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Beautiful blooms, great close-up pic!

• Longfei Yu
    11 years ago

I do already have some Eden pictures, and will post here later.

I am on Zone 5A, and I think my Eden won't climb as much as in the warmer zone.

• armomto3boys
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! My favorite rose.

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

Wow. Really ethereal blooms.

• JessicaBe
    11 years ago

Very beautiful!

• Kippy
    11 years ago

The local nursery has an incredible arch with a pair of White Edens on either end, hundreds of flowers!

Makes me want to rethink that rose!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

What a great job you are doing with your Edens--they are so lovely! Great arch, also.

Kate

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Oh man!!!! I adore those pictures!!! Talk about a beautiful rose!!! Wish I could grow it LOL

Heavenly!!
    Carol

• cactusjoe1
    11 years ago

Great pictures. Eden is one of my favourites, and the one that got me into growing roses in the first place. Unfortunately, mine never recovered from severe damage damage. Reminds me that I need to order a replacement.

• CapeHeart
    11 years ago

Good Morning KhaVi!

I am so excited after seeing your pics! I just got Eden from RU. Your Eden is sooooo Beautiful! Thanks for sharing and giving some inspiration! I can't wait to see ours in bloom. Yours is lovely! :)

• MaryDanielle
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I just bought one last month, and it's growing nicely already!!! I can't wait to see those beautiful blooms in person! :)

• ms. violet grey
    10 years ago

What gives? My Eden (bought as a band last year), has started growing rapidly (after a very slooow takeoff).

I gave the roots a not so gentle tug trying to dig Eden up but it wasn't going anywhere.
    The roots were deep. It was a failed attempt at relocating due to inactivity! But I did myself a favor because that woke up Eden (Pierre Ronsard) out of a deep lullaby.

So, it's been alert and growing up a pillar (my original intent). It is now a a few feet tall, green, healthy foliage.

I check it everyday for signs of buds. I have yet to see 1
    bloom. I put a handful of Epsom salt at the base this
    evening and then watered.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Here is my Eden, which I got from RU about 6-7 years ago, growing around a pillar--the biggest one I could find, but it is barely big enough. But then I had to trim Eden back last year in order to replace the crumbling pillar. The spring bloom that followed looked pretty good--but since then it has been sulking--I'm not sure it liked that pruning. Not that it ever had great re-bloom, but certainly better than this. I hope by next year it fully recovers from the forced pruning because it is one of my favorite blooms also.

{{gwi:233097}}

Closer shot of the beautiful blooms (but a bit dark).

{{gwi:328591}}

Not the most floriferous bloomer in the garden, but you will forgive her whenever she does bloom!

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Didn't see this post earlier. Such a beautiful rose, the blooms are elegant looking.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

You have roses that get MORE blooms than that??? Really?? That's staggering to me. :)
    Carol

• ms. violet grey
    10 years ago

so luscious!!!!!

• prickles
    10 years ago

KhaVi,

lovely pics. I bet the sight of Eden covering that arbor with flowers will be stunningly beautiful!

Eden is a keeper for me. One of mine has decided to become a continuous bloomer this year--it has been flowering freely, continuously, non-stop since spring. Although it isn't as floriferous as the spring flush, it's never without 20-something plus blooms. Eden has been growing clean for me: no rust, no mildew, no disease issues. And I can smell its sweet tea scent! I hope you can too, because some Eden owners can't detect any from it!

• prickles
    10 years ago

here's a pic of the second Eden, second flush this year. Don't worry, I won't post Eden number 3, or 4, 5, 6, 7...