Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eden Climber - A true beauty

Posted by KhaVi CA 9b (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 1:53

Hi All,

I always want climbing roses over an arbor. I finally got an arbor up in my garden, thanks to my husband. There are so many beautiful climbing roses to choose, but I decided on Eden climber because of her charming beauty.

I intended to hold off sharing Eden pictures in this forum until they got a little bigger. However, I cannot wait any longer...:) I have just planted these two Eden climbers this winter from bareroot. They are now around 3.5 feet tall with total of about 40 blooms on both plants from the beginning of the season.

Part of the arbor view with Eden climber on each side
Photobucket

I never get tired looking at Eden blooms
Photobucket

Photobucket

Eden blooms last a very long time on the bush
Photobucket

Charming Eden on the arbor
Photobucket

Hope you all enjoy the photo. Thank you.

KhaVi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eden Climber - A true beauty

very very elegant.
I got a new Eden too this year. Hope she can grow fast and climb soon.

o

Your plant looks very healthy and the blooms flawless. That being said, I must note that here Eden has been a big disappointment. I don't know what weather it needs, but every year it balls and browns badly. Moreover, it has never repeated and has suffered a lot of winter damage.

o

Your Edens are spectacular! It's my favorite rose. Thank you for sharing the photos of your beautiful arbor.
Renee

o

Thanks all for your nice words.

freelong - I hope to see your Eden soon in this forum.
mantis - I'm sorry to hear that Eden doesn't perform well in your area. Hopefully, my Eden will be OK in zone 9. I have seen Eden from the gardens in my area with spectacular shows in the Spring. That's why I decided to have Eden.
Renee - Eden must be my new favorite in the garden too.

o

Beautiful blooms, great close-up pic!

o

I do already have some Eden pictures, and will post here later.

I am on Zone 5A, and I think my Eden won't climb as much as in the warmer zone.

o

Gorgeous! My favorite rose.

o

Wow. Really ethereal blooms.

o

Very beautiful!

o

The local nursery has an incredible arch with a pair of White Edens on either end, hundreds of flowers!

Makes me want to rethink that rose!

o

What a great job you are doing with your Edens--they are so lovely! Great arch, also.

Kate

o

Oh man!!!! I adore those pictures!!! Talk about a beautiful rose!!! Wish I could grow it LOL

Heavenly!!
Carol

o

Great pictures. Eden is one of my favourites, and the one that got me into growing roses in the first place. Unfortunately, mine never recovered from severe damage damage. Reminds me that I need to order a replacement.

o

Good Morning KhaVi!

I am so excited after seeing your pics! I just got Eden from RU. Your Eden is sooooo Beautiful! Thanks for sharing and giving some inspiration! I can't wait to see ours in bloom. Yours is lovely! :)

o

Beautiful! I just bought one last month, and it's growing nicely already!!! I can't wait to see those beautiful blooms in person! :)

o

What gives? My Eden (bought as a band last year), has started growing rapidly (after a very slooow takeoff).

I gave the roots a not so gentle tug trying to dig Eden up but it wasn't going anywhere.
The roots were deep. It was a failed attempt at relocating due to inactivity! But I did myself a favor because that woke up Eden (Pierre Ronsard) out of a deep lullaby.

So, it's been alert and growing up a pillar (my original intent). It is now a a few feet tall, green, healthy foliage.

I check it everyday for signs of buds. I have yet to see 1
bloom. I put a handful of Epsom salt at the base this
evening and then watered.

o

Here is my Eden, which I got from RU about 6-7 years ago, growing around a pillar--the biggest one I could find, but it is barely big enough. But then I had to trim Eden back last year in order to replace the crumbling pillar. The spring bloom that followed looked pretty good--but since then it has been sulking--I'm not sure it liked that pruning. Not that it ever had great re-bloom, but certainly better than this. I hope by next year it fully recovers from the forced pruning because it is one of my favorite blooms also.

Closer shot of the beautiful blooms (but a bit dark).

Not the most floriferous bloomer in the garden, but you will forgive her whenever she does bloom!

Kate

o

Didn't see this post earlier. Such a beautiful rose, the blooms are elegant looking.

o

You have roses that get MORE blooms than that??? Really?? That's staggering to me. :)
Carol

o

so luscious!!!!!

o

KhaVi,

lovely pics. I bet the sight of Eden covering that arbor with flowers will be stunningly beautiful!

Eden is a keeper for me. One of mine has decided to become a continuous bloomer this year--it has been flowering freely, continuously, non-stop since spring. Although it isn't as floriferous as the spring flush, it's never without 20-something plus blooms. Eden has been growing clean for me: no rust, no mildew, no disease issues. And I can smell its sweet tea scent! I hope you can too, because some Eden owners can't detect any from it!

o

here's a pic of the second Eden, second flush this year. Don't worry, I won't post Eden number 3, or 4, 5, 6, 7...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here