Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azurerose_gw

The J&P Disney Princess Rose - Fairest One

azurerose
12 years ago

I wasn't sure I would actually get this rose since Jackson & Perkins is being liquidated. I just got it in a 5 gallon container. It is gorgeous! If you like red roses with white reverses, go buy it before it disappears. My blog has more details regarding the rose.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rare Roses Blog

Comments (15)

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I don't usually like that type of color combo, but that is really, really pretty. The vase is wonderful too. Wow - the roses almost don't look real. They're so perfect.

Thanks for the look!

Carol

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Ooow, those gorgeous HT spiraling! love, love, love it!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Drat! This is my favorite color combo! I was tempted and then didn't get it. It's gorgeous!

• monarda_gw
    12 years ago

That is beautiful. Now the HT's have become nostalgic. Is it fragrant?

• azurerose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Unfortunately it is not fragrant. It lasts a long time in the vase though.

• bgrose
    12 years ago

Wow, such a classical, beautiful rose. The color combination is breathtaking. I simply love red roses and this one is one of the best reds I have seen!

• dove_song
    12 years ago

Oooh...my...goodness!! I am so excited and happy to see your photos of this rose, Azure Rose!!! :D I picked up a J&P Disney Princess Rose-FAIREST ONE at Ritters Nursery here in Spokane this week. The blooms in your lovely vase look unbelievably perfect. Thanks so much, dear! You've made what is turning out to be an excellent day, even better!!!

Debbie

• bgrose
    12 years ago

The more I watch this picture, the more I become more confident that this rose has a perfect geometrical shape, maybe because of the sharp contrast beteen red and white. Simply stunning!

• davidchance
    12 years ago

Very pretty. Just wondering but are they 3 seperate blooms or just 1 cluster? How long are the stems?

• azurerose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They are three separate stems. They weren't very long, but then the plant is still in its nursery pot.

• dove_song
    12 years ago

Azure Rose, I can hardly wait for Spring as mine is loaded with buds and looks so healthy! Your photos of 'Fairest One' are the best I've ever seen on the web!!! It would be great if you could upload them to Help Me Find. :0)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

Mmmm...yes, I had my eye on that one for a long time. Nice!

• azurerose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mine is blooming right now and the form on the flowers is still fantastic! The only thing is that they all have weak necks. This is only its second season so hopefully the necks will get stronger.

• vettin
    12 years ago

Who is selling this pls?

• dove_song
    12 years ago

Oh, Vettin, I'm so sorry, I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone carries FAIREST ONE (aka MERLOT) anymore. That's why I snapped it up fast last year. I was afraid with the J&P thing going on, that I would never be able to grow it if I didn't get to Ritter's nursery early--which I made sure that I did. Glad I did because they quickly flew out of there. I'm sorry, Vettin. :(

Thanks for the update on your FAIREST ONE's performance so far this year, Azure Rose. Hmmm...weak necks you say? I wondered about that as I saw Beth's photo on HMF, and it looked like it had a weak neck. Mine had weak necks at first. Hoping to correct this fault, I watered the heck out of it all summer long & fertilized it with a Miracle-Gro continuous 3 months feed. Happily, the stems got stronger and much more upright, but not vigorously so. I sure hope yours get, and mine keeps getting, stronger necks this year because as you say the flowers are fantastic!...just perfection! :-)