Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iris_gal

Ebb Tide, Sparkle & Shine, etc.

iris_gal
9 years ago

More from my rose saturation weekend.

Bella Roma - Zary'03, HT (she was having a very bad hair day)

Coretta Scott King - Bedard'13, grandiflora (more orange in person)

Gemini - Zary'91, HT

Dee-lish - Meilland '05, HT, aka Line Renaud (prettier in person, excel color)

Ebb Tide - Carruth'01, florib (in person the May color matched Twilight Sunset. Both had yellowing foliage problems)

Gertrude Jekyll - Austin'86 (loved her! delightful rose)

Love Song - Carruth'11 (trying to outbloom everybody)

Miss All-American Beauty - Meilland'65 aka Maria Callas (no hint of blue as some pics show, vy even color, almost milky if you know what I mean)

Always and Forever - Zary'11, HT (very nice red despite my pic. like to see more of this one)

Oh My! - Bedard'11, florib. (it was bright orangey red in sunlight)

New Zealand - McGredy IV '88 (had water damaged edges the 3 weeks I observed, don't think I've seen another HT of this delicate pink - beauty)

Sparkle & Shine - Bedard'11, florib (daughter of 2 Julias, Newmar and Child)

Sunbright - Warriner'84, HT

Sun Flare - Warriner'81, florib.

Wild Blue Yonder - Carruth'04, grandiflora, AARS'06

Comments (12)

• inga007
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

What a lovely bounty of beautiful roses.
    Love them all.
    So sunny and bright.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Nice pictures Iris. Love Song, Sparkle and Shine and Wild Blue Yonder are my favorites, but they are all lovely!

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Wow, lots of beauties!!

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Your Ebb Tide is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am adding to my must have list. I also love your Love song and Coreta Scott king. Thanks for sharing all of
    Your beautiful roses.

• iris_gal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for enjoying!

Oops, not Twilight Sunset - Twilight Zone. Senior moment stuff.

• buford
    9 years ago

Very nice roses! I have Bella Roma and I love it , but it does tend to get those 'dirty' spots on it's petals. However, the scent is divine!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

I've been thinking for quite awhile of getting Wild Blue Yonder. Yours is gorgeous!!!! Do you have a bush shot?

The 2nd picture of Sparkle and Shine has the same wavy petals that Perfume Delight has. Such beauty in yellow!!!

Do you have a bush shot of New Zealand? I had it last year as a new plant, and it didn't do very much. What do you think of New Zealand?

Gorgeous flowers. Thanks for sharing!!
    Carol

• iris_gal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Carol, sorry, New Zealand was at a nursery and only had 1 or 2 blooms open so I didn't do a bush shot. I really liked her. We had an unusual spatter of late rain that I thought may have adversely affected some of the roses. Here how sher looked 3 1/2 weeks earlier when I first saw her. I'm thinking she's going to be a stunner but wonder about performance in wet conditions. Not a worry here!

• iris_gal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Buford ~ I loved Bella Roma. Great coloring.

Carol, this was the best I could do with my camera on a larger shot of Wild Blue Yonder. The Carruth roses were in full performance at the gardens I visited. I think I expected WBY to be more lavender from pictures I'd seen. Climate? But cannot fault the bloom and health of this one.

• dizzylizzy 7b
    9 years ago

My new Bella Roma has finally started putting out buds. For awhile I was wondering if it would bloom. I am very excited to see my first bloom. How has yours performed for you?

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Friday, I received my Love Song from Edmund's' and planted it Saturday. Now I'm really anxious to see mine in bloom...weeks from now. Good to know that it's a producer! How's the fragrance?

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Yeah, looks like it doesn't like rain. :)
    Love, love, love your Wild Blue Yonder shot! And that's only one plant?
    wow!
    Carol