Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iris_gal

French Lace - florib

iris_gal
15 years ago

I inherited a French Lace from a friend and the branch structure was criss-crossy and plain nuts. But I fell in love, bad. That one struggled but succumbed. Here's my new baby in her 2nd year.

FRENCH LACE

{{gwi:1229088}}

{{gwi:1229089}}

Comments (20)

• bgrose
    15 years ago

I think this is one of the most beautiful floribundas! It is a perfect rose.

• rainbow_2007
    15 years ago

French Lace makes the most perfect blooms. Yours seems to have a lot of pink on them. Is this Pink French Lace?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

This is one BEAUTIFUL rose. It is so elegant and the color shade is stunning. Lucky you!!!! Judy

• katefisher
    15 years ago

I just love this rose. Seen a few pictures of it here on the forum but yours is really breathtaking. Beautiful.

Kate

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

No more elegant rose, I love this one too. Lovely pictures!

• lesdvs9
    15 years ago

What a beautiful softly colored rose!

• angelcub
    15 years ago

That is stunning! I have two - I hope they grow as beautifully as yours.

• iris_gal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for the kind words. For me this is one of those "aah" roses.

Rainbow ~ the picture was taken in the evening and I've noticed that eveing sky does affect digital color, maybe making her look a little pinker. I think when the weather warms up she may lighten. Also the rose doesn't receive all-day sun.

To confuse things more, here's that bloom 9 days later, looking creamy yellow and not at all like her usual white-layered- petticoats mature look. I missed getting a picture of that stage.

FRENCH LACE ready to drop her petals
    {{gwi:1229090}}

• rainbow_2007
    15 years ago

This rose looks good at ALL stages of bloom, definitely the SUPERMODEL of roses! Thanks for sharing.

• C Schaffner
    15 years ago

Beautiful rose. It looks like porcelain.

• carla17
    15 years ago

I've always like this rose. Your photos are great.

Carla

• Zyperiris
    13 years ago

Do you guys think French lace Bs's easy?

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Oooh!! I love that soft pink!!

The dark leaves are such a dramatic backdrop to such softness!

Carol

• iris_gal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Zyperiris ~ I am not seeing any blackspot as of today. I think she has had some in the past but not horrific or I'd remember.

Canadian Rose ~ I wish she was hardy for your zone. But people on this forum have said not.

• jaxondel
    13 years ago

FL is one of my favorites, too. I've grown it for as long as I've been gardening, but always as a grafted plant.

I'm curious to know if any of you grow it on its own roots. Pink FL is available only as an ownroot. I've tried it twice, and both times it did not survive the first winter (and my winters are never too severe).

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

I have always liked French Lace. I have one, but it is not very cane-hardy here. It is in the iffy category when it comes to surviving late winter and early spring here.

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Very nice Irisgal. Mine is usually light pink in the early part of the season. That's normal for this rose.

• mashamcl
    13 years ago

Beautiful rose and great photography, iris_gal.

Masha

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    13 years ago

One of my very favorites. As elegant as a floribunda can get. Thanks for sharing your beautiful rose!

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH