Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French Lace - florib

Posted by iris_gal z9 CA (My Page) on
Fri, May 9, 08 at 2:33

I inherited a French Lace from a friend and the branch structure was criss-crossy and plain nuts. But I fell in love, bad. That one struggled but succumbed. Here's my new baby in her 2nd year.

FRENCH LACE
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French Lace - florib

I think this is one of the most beautiful floribundas! It is a perfect rose.

o

French Lace makes the most perfect blooms. Yours seems to have a lot of pink on them. Is this Pink French Lace?

o

This is one BEAUTIFUL rose. It is so elegant and the color shade is stunning. Lucky you!!!! Judy

o

I just love this rose. Seen a few pictures of it here on the forum but yours is really breathtaking. Beautiful.

Kate

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 9, 08 at 13:12

No more elegant rose, I love this one too. Lovely pictures!

o

What a beautiful softly colored rose!

o

That is stunning! I have two - I hope they grow as beautifully as yours.

o
RE: Don't remember her ever looking creamy yellow

Thank you for the kind words. For me this is one of those "aah" roses.

Rainbow ~ the picture was taken in the evening and I've noticed that eveing sky does affect digital color, maybe making her look a little pinker. I think when the weather warms up she may lighten. Also the rose doesn't receive all-day sun.

To confuse things more, here's that bloom 9 days later, looking creamy yellow and not at all like her usual white-layered- petticoats mature look. I missed getting a picture of that stage.

FRENCH LACE ready to drop her petals
Photobucket

o

This rose looks good at ALL stages of bloom, definitely the SUPERMODEL of roses! Thanks for sharing.

o

Beautiful rose. It looks like porcelain.

o

I've always like this rose. Your photos are great.

Carla

o

Do you guys think French lace Bs's easy?

o

Oooh!! I love that soft pink!!

The dark leaves are such a dramatic backdrop to such softness!

Carol

o

Zyperiris ~ I am not seeing any blackspot as of today. I think she has had some in the past but not horrific or I'd remember.

Canadian Rose ~ I wish she was hardy for your zone. But people on this forum have said not.

o

FL is one of my favorites, too. I've grown it for as long as I've been gardening, but always as a grafted plant.

I'm curious to know if any of you grow it on its own roots. Pink FL is available only as an ownroot. I've tried it twice, and both times it did not survive the first winter (and my winters are never too severe).

o

I have always liked French Lace. I have one, but it is not very cane-hardy here. It is in the iffy category when it comes to surviving late winter and early spring here.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 17, 10 at 11:33

Very nice Irisgal. Mine is usually light pink in the early part of the season. That's normal for this rose.

o

Beautiful rose and great photography, iris_gal.

Masha

o

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, May 23, 10 at 21:29

One of my very favorites. As elegant as a floribunda can get. Thanks for sharing your beautiful rose!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here