Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And now for my yellows

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 2:52

Yellow is my favorite color this season for the first time. Here are the yellows I enjoy alot.

First bloom on Julia Child, a very new standard I planted this winter.

Eureka was beaten up by strong winds and 90 plus temps after these photos were taken. It is a standard which grows over 5 feet wide.

Honey Dijon is a real winner for me.

Jean Giono, an all-time favorite.

More Joshua Bradleys

St. Pat is heatproof.

Symphony

Gingerbread Man mini

A supermarket mini that only looks good at first flush.

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And now for my yellows

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, May 12, 13 at 13:04

Mmmmmm.... they're all yummy! But I really like that SYMPHONY.

o

• Posted by zjw727 Coastal Oregon Zone (My Page) on
    Sun, May 12, 13 at 17:51

Symphony is really lovely! I've never seen it in person- how does it do for you??

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, May 12, 13 at 18:53

A great collection of yellow, Kathy!

o

Symphony is an Austin that is perfect for me. It stays a small bush, no bigger than 3 feet in all directions. Its foliage is pale, matte green and has no disease for me (very dry climate). It blooms in big clusters that look like bouquets. I really love this rose. My other Austins are not as well behaved.

o

My favs are Symphony, St. Patrick's Day, and Eureka!! They're all so lovely!!
Carol

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, May 12, 13 at 20:50

Mmmm...Joshua Bradley...I really like that one! I LOVE yellow roses, but they just don't do well here. I've lost so many of the ones you posted, it so sad. I'm on my second Julia Child, so hopefully she does better for me own root :)

Tammy

o

They're all beautiful, but Symphony really won my heart, and Eureka is also so pretty; what a nice collection of yellows.

o

Lovely, lovely. My fave is symphony.

o

I love your Symphony! What a beautiful photo of it. St. Pat is lovely too.

o

I can't choose a favorite. Yellows all are but don't do well for me either sadly. Your' s are all gorgeous.

o

Can't get enuf of your photos of Eureka. I love how it varies. A beauty!

o

They are gorgeous. Eureka is a favorite of mine--love that apricot/rich gold color.

o

Your sumptuous yellow roses are like a glimpse of summer sun on what is now the end of a cold November with worse to come in a few days. I love the yellows also, and these photos are some of the best I've seen in that color. Julia Child is a favorite of mine, but those photos of Eureka with all the over the top frills and petals just blows me away. All your yellow roses are just stunning. Diane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here