Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Lots of full bush shots

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

My husband and I made a whole bunch of full bush shots. Please take a look.

Marina

Jasmina

{{gwi:1229704}}

Baltimore Belle

{{gwi:1229705}}

Geschwinds Shoenste

{{gwi:1198776}}

Violette

{{gwi:1204112}}

Pomponella

{{gwi:1229706}}

Purple Skyliner

{{gwi:1229707}}

Kronborg Castle

{{gwi:1198028}}

Purezza

{{gwi:1229708}}

Himmelsauge

{{gwi:1199400}}

Ritausma

{{gwi:1229710}}

Escimo

{{gwi:1229712}}

Perennial Blue

{{gwi:1229713}}

Comments (21)

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oops! I missed the Escimo shot.

Escimo

{{gwi:1197217}}

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    11 years ago

Wow what a beautiful garden you have! I love them all, but perrenials blue sure is pretty. You must be so proud to walk thru your garden!

• inga007
    11 years ago

All I can say is WOW,WOW,and WOW!

• msjam2
    11 years ago

Breathtaking! ! Thank you for sharing.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Is Geschwinds Schonste always that grand? Every blossom seems perfect. Jasmina looks good, but I know it can't take the wrong weather (hot and wet).

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everybody!
    Mantis, I never had any problem with Jasmina balling or not opening properly, and we are here hot and wet always. I've grown this rose for a number of years as a free standing bush without much success, but last year I replanted it in a new location and trained all the canes horizontally. It exceeded my expectations! Godzillions of blooms and, finally, I could smell it! I mean really smell it. From a distance. I am not good at describing perfumes, but this one is even more difficult to describe. Very, very pleasant.

Yes, Geschwinds Shoenste is always this abundant, and blooms are all perfect in shape. Taking into consideration the conditions this rose is growing (no water, no spray, no fertilizer), I think it is a real winner for a once-bloomer.

Marina

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Jasmina and Purply Skyliner are my favorites in this array of beauty. Your garden must be rather mature since you have all these gigantic roses. I can't believe how many blooms each of your roses have, and how healthy the bushes look. Just wonderful!

Ingrid

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

OMG! Absolutely stunning!

• sweetvenge
    11 years ago

simply beautiful

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, guys!

Ingrid, my garden is rather young. We moved to this house five years ago and I started this garden from scratch. Our lot used to be a hay field, so we didn't have any vegetation here but grass (and weeds!).
    But, if the rose wants to grow from the get go, it matures in no time here.
    Later on I will post pictures of my last year project. Circles. I mulched four 20' diameter circles, used cardboard and topped it with mulch. This year these circles are filled with good size roses, although most of them were planted last fall-winter.

• armomto3boys
    11 years ago

WOW! Your roses are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

Very nice! Thanks for the eye candy.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Can`t wait for more!!! Outstanding!!!! Lesley

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

ooooh, that is so OUTSTANDING! What an incredible and super gorgeous garden, Marina. I love the impressive showing of the Geschwinds Shoenste and the "OGR" look of the blooms throughout the garden! Yes, those once-bloomers really know how to put on the show!

• juicy_tomato
    11 years ago

Marina, it's nice to see all of your bushes loaded with blooms. Great job!

Mark

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

I agree with Inga, WOW! They are beautiful and the bushes are HUGE!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

You've got the magical touch! Each is more beautiful and breathtaking than the last. I love the foliage on Perennial Blue.

Thanks for showing us what a great rose bush should look like. I have never seen any of these, except Pomponella, even in photos. What a treat.
    Renee

• TNY78
    11 years ago

WOw! I want them all! That Jasmina and Baltimore Belle are my two favorites...they're always make my short list, but I've never ordered them. Your picture of Ritausma is telling me that mine might need to be moved before it gets too big :) I really do love the shots of the full plant; we don't get to see them enough.

Tammy

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tammy, yes, give Ritausma some room. Mine (grown from a cutting 5 years ago) is about 6' high, but at least 9' wide. I believe, you can control it's size by pruning, but I never did. It looks like I might try pruning it 'hard' (taking at least 1/3 of its growth) this year.
    It ate quite a few roses nearby, and I really want it to be a smaller bush.
    Marina

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Wow, those really give you a sense of the splendor of these roses!

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

Your garden is amazing-----Thanks for sharing

Florence

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting