Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timetogrowthegarden

Christopher Marlowe

I am so excited to see this rose open. Christopher is an own root that I planted this year.

Christopher Marlowe bud on Sunday

Christopher Marlowe Tuesday evening after work

He has a very nice scent too. I can't wait for more blooms!

~Melissa

Comments (8)

• medusa_
    16 years ago

That's quite a color change between bud and bloom. Is that true or is it my monitor?

• timetogrowthegarden
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No, it is not you monitor. I was VERY afraid when I saw the bud. It looked very orange...almost neon. I don't really care for the color orange. I was certain I had a mislabled rose that I was going to have to shovel prune. I was relieved to pieces when I went out yesterday to see that beautiful salmony pink color bloom fully opened!

~Melissa

• niecey
    16 years ago

It is true medusa.
    He could go from a red, orangey to pink.
    Also depending on the weather, zone, or garden. That is what I love about CM.
    Niecey

• devon_gardener
    16 years ago

Hey Melissa, WOW! Interesting how it could change so dramatically. But then some Austin's do that. Beautiful!!! I can imagine your joy when you first saw the full bloom.

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

Melissa, the next time you decide to sp an orange, please send it to me!
    Please tell me about this rose. I got it last year, and moved it this winter. It is mini sized, with mini leaves and blooms. I know it is CM. Are the leaves very small, and blooms too? Or do I need to be patient and wait? Not easy for me.
    Yes, mine is a multiple personality, too. Takes great photos. Love yours.
    Kathy

• nberg7
    16 years ago

Oh that is fun Melissa! Perfect pictures! I'm not an orange fan either (but I've been known to eat my words often)- this reminds me of some of the color whammies Chicago Peace can pull. I love blooms that morph like this.

Kathy- I just bought CM a few days ago and the leaves looks on the smallish side to me too. I'm not very excited at all about the foilage, but the reviews on the blooms pushed me off the pier to buy him.

Nancy

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

OH WOWThanks for sharinf your beauty.

Jean

• timetogrowthegarden
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy
    I have been known to eat my words often too. There are always exceptions to my rule.....

Kathy
    Mine is new this year. I planted the own root rose in Feb. The leaves on mine are very small. The blooms are not huge but are an ok size on my bush...about 3-3.5 inches. I am amazed at how much the bush has grown in a few short months. It has really pumped out the blooms for me and responded very well to the alfalfa tea. I wasn't really expecting much from it this year but I am pleased so far.

~Melissa