Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phatboyrose

Afew to Share

phatboyrose
13 years ago

Just wanted to share afew, been busy and haven't been posting much. Hope you enjoy.

Harold

SOMBREUIL

AMERICA

BILL WARRINER

{{gwi:1230197}}

{{gwi:1230199}}

ENCHANTED EVENING

FOOLISH PLEASURE

{{gwi:1230202}}

VINO ROSSO

PURPLE PASSION

CHERRY PARFAIT

alt="MAY 2010">

THE DARK LADY

TEASING GEORGIA

GRACE

SUNBRIGHT

HEAVEN ON EARTH

APRIL IN PARIS

Comments (15)

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Hi, Harold!! :-) What a treat it is to see all these roses on this VERY windy day here. Thank you so much, and I hope that your busy absence from us has been due to pleasant things going on in your life. :~)

Take care.

Debbie

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Wow Harold your roses are all so gorgeous and your photos are stunning! I really enjoyed looking at them, thanks so much.

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Every time I see Cherry Parfait I just drool. Thanks for the wonderful photos of the whole shrub. It gives me a much better idea of where I could put that particular rose.
    Renee

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Gorgeous Harold! What a wonderful rosy treat to see! I just love your Foolish Pleasure and Climbing America. I am ordering a 2nd one from Roses Unlimited, because my other one absolutely hated being overwintered in my garage and the severe, bitterly cold Kansas winter we got, so I am planting the new one in a show-off pot and the other one in a lesser corner of the garden, lol where it can pout and sulk as much as it wants to, haha!

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

WOW!! They are all just gorgeous and all so healthy looking, too.I see you have lots in Pots.I have several in pots and find they do much better for me grown in pots. Thanks for sharing these beautiful roses.

Jean

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Wow Harold! All your roses look great! Hope you & your wife are doing ok.

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

No Debbie everything is fine, I'm just getting a little older and can't do as much as I used to. But I keep trying.

ramblinrose; I'm soo glad that you enjoyed the roses, thats the only reason I grow them.

Renee; CHERRY PARFAIT is my wife favorite also and I really like it alot too, it's some kind of eye candy.

Serena, thank you sooo much I like America alot,mine is growing a pot this is it's third year. Good luck with yours.LOL LOL

Jean; yes I grow alot of roses in pots and they do just fine, people find it had to beleave that HT,s do so well in pots but they do.

Mr Jim; yes me and Ms Adele are doing just fine, hope you and Ms Sue are doing like wise. LOL LOL

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Lol, Harold. I can't do as much as I use to either. But I keep trying too. :~)

Debbie

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

Harold, your roses and photos are spectacular. Isn't Bill Warriner amazing!
    Kathy

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Love those bush shots.

The hanging petunia's color (neon orchid?) looks excellent with America!

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Trying??? Trying??? how about sharing some of that "Trying" Magic with us, hahahaha! Cheers, Harold!

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Serena; no magic here just just good fertilize and plenty of loving care.LOL LOL

Kathy; BILL WARRINER has alwas be a good rose for me, I like it alot.

Iris Gal; Ms Adele does a good job with her hanging baskets.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Oooh - I love your siberian iris - lovely, lovely color!!!

I'm with you, I find my roses do TONS better grown in pots.

Your enchanted evening is a bit on the pink side. I wonder why - mine is definitely lavender (well not now - just sticks).

Well, I've ordered Purple Passion and Teasing Georgia - so it's nice to see how floriferous they can be!!!

Your roses are ALL stunning. I really enjoyed looking at this post. Thanks for the color on such a snowy day here.

Carol

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

What a treat---Your roses are wonderful and you garden looks delightful

Love all those hanging baskets-

Florence

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Are you sure you don't have a nursery business there?