Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_bustopher

a few of my early ones with a couple surprises

The roses are beginning in my garden also, but there are also a few other show-off wannabe types. It is amazing how they can sneak into your shopping cart and find their way home with you. The first of these is a rather shameless red tree peony that announces spring with flowers like this:

Then, there is the issue of these clematis vines. I have a couple of these red Bourbon clematis vines that actually stay short. I really like this variety which found its way onto an old chain link fence gate. It might not be elegant, but it works.

The hybrid tea California Dreamin' actually turned out to be a nice variety. It started to bloom some.

The floribunda Lavender Princess is finally looking much better. Last year was the first year it put on a serious effort to grow after having survived that bad Easter freeze of '07. I think this rose is rather rare.

The Austin rose Blythe Spirit always makes a good show and is currently loaded with buds. The flowers are fairly constant with respect to color, petal count, and size through the growing season. I like it, but it gets quite large and doesn't like hard pruning.

Now for a couple of surprises. Some of the Austin roses are quite variable as to color and petal count. This Lady Emma Hamilton has some extra petals. It is not normally this full.

Not to be outdone, Windrush put out a surprise for me because it usually has no more than 12-18 petals. This one was extra full.

I hope you like these.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022