Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

More first spring blooms!

dublinbay z6 (KS)
10 years ago

I can't get photobucket to work--won't upload my pictures--so I'm trying out GW's method--one pic at a time, I guess (if this works).

After complaining about my Munstead Wood bud just sitting there staring at me and doing nothing, it finally burst into bloom. Isn't it beautiful!

Munstead Wood--first bloom ever!

Comments (14)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is Mortimer Sackler going crazy with blooms.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not the best picture of Jubilee Celebration (I love her)--tried to get her with the climber Eden in the background, but it didn't work too well.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OK--if Eden climber won't share photo space with Jubilee Celebration, I'll just have to give her her own photo to star in as the central attraction. Here it is.

Eden climber--drool! She knows she can get away with being a DIVA!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And here she is for her close-up. (She's so vain!)

Eden climber--close-up

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

For those of you who have inquired, here is the infamous DR. HUEY! Found him growing in a shady corner in a spot where I took out a grafted rose (grafted to Dr. Huey, obviously) about 7 years ago! And here is the good Dr. patiently waiting to do his thing 7 years later!

I personally really like the Dr. Huey bloom--good color and shape. My only objection to Dr. Huey is that after his one-time blooming period is over for the year, he gets every disease that the garden is capable of producing--and he gets them bad! He is a total blackspot disaster then--but rather lovely during his early blooming period.

Dr. Huey--resurrected.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's all the new blooms for now--but I still have other roses that haven't opened yet, particularly the new ones I plant this spring, so hopefully I will be back soon--and hopefully photobucket will be working by then, cuz this one at a time posting is tiresome---but better than nothing. : )

Kate

• joshtx
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Kate! That Eden is absolutely breathtaking.

Josh

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Your roses are glorious, Kate. Eden Climber is the loveliest I've seen, and Mort is outstanding. I'm loving my new Munstead Wood, which began blooming in its pot before I could get it planted. Yours looks just as wonderful. Let us see more when the rest of them start popping. Diane

• armomto3boys
    10 years ago

Lovely! They are all gorgeous. But Eden just makes me sigh. :)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Munstead Wood is breathtaking! Jubilee Celebration looks like a winner. And, of course, Eden cl. is a stunner!

Your roses are wonderful! Which ones have good fragrance?
    Carol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Carol, I'm not real good on scents, but Munstead Wood and Jubilee Celebration are supposed to have strong fragrance. The other roses shown have less--but they do have some fragrance.

Looks like Eden Cl. is the winner in this thread, doesn't it! Well, she always knew she was! LOL

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Love that deep color on Mustead! I have a DH about to bloom too, lol!

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Really nice, Kate! I'm a fan of Dr. Huey too I have to admit. He showed up in the back of my front bed a couple of years ago and I just let him ramble over the top of my azaleas. He seems to bloom right as the azaleas are fading, so its a good trade off.

That Mortimer Sackler is really pretty too...love how its a nice full bush, rather than a bunch of octopus canes.

Eden is stunning also. Mine too is a diva...she uses one of my grapevines for support...God forbid she should allow be to tie her to a chainlink fence!

Tammy

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

You have some nice ones there. Munstead Wood is certainly a nice variety. Too bad pictures can't convey its nice fragrance.