Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More roses this morning

Posted by KSGreenman 6a (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 11:56

I got up early to start taking rose pictures today since some start fading almost immediatley.

Here is Duplex, taken at dawn

photo duplexatdawn_zps06c54c63.jpg

same shot, almost, a few hours later

photo duplex3_zps4c65b973.jpg

Sweet Fairy

photo sweetfairydawn_zps203c8c77.jpg
 photo sweetfairy_zpsf0400a84.jpg

Hope for Humanity

photo hopehumanity2_zpsbe57fb8c.jpg

Soleil d'Or

photo soleildor3_zpsa803c2d5.jpg
 photo soleildor4_zps540fff1a.jpg

Ebb Tide

photo ebbtide_zpsa0eb0d30.jpg

Duftendes Weisskirchen

photo duftendes_zpsda2334e1.jpg

Persian Yellow

photo persianyellowbush_zps9287f007.jpg

Distant Drums

photo distantdrumsbud_zps264b431e.jpg
 photo distantdrums_zps7cc834e4.jpg

Rotkappchen

photo rotkapchen2_zps059637d2.jpg
 photo rotkapchen_zpsfef0d147.jpg

Pompon de Bourgogne

photo pompon_zpsf50a2d06.jpg
 photo pompon2_zps5d2a710a.jpg

And finally, the band that is blooming today, taken 3 hours apart, Constance Spry:

photo constance_zps6dbf8087.jpg
 photo constance2_zps47ff4743.jpg

I have the day off work, so I may find a few more to post later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More roses this morning

What a fascinating group of roses. I've never known anyone else who has Rotkaeppchen, a lovely rose that wasn't really meant for a climate as hot as mine. That shot of Duplex at dawn is stunning. Duftendes Weisskirchen and Soleil d'Or are really pretty, and Distant Drums, while a bit too modern in shape for this old rose lover, has a gorgeous combination of colors. I hope you post more of your roses.

Ingrid

o

So pretty! Dublex is so sweet.

o

Please do post more. I'm not familiar with many of the roses you posted. They are so pretty and fresh. Isn't it fun going out in the garden and seeing how things change even over a few hours?

o

Okay, I did manage to take two more pictures today, of the very same blossoms of Constance Spry and Ebb Tide shown above. The Ebb Tide looks especially different. The Constance Spry, on the other hand, was on a band and the more open it became the further over the band bent. I had to break the bloom off right after this final photo for fear it would break the plant if I didn't.

Constance Spry
 photo constance3_zps59a85f7d.jpg

Ebb Tide
 photo ebbtide2_zpsd1aa6666.jpg

o

How nice of you to post a picture of Hope and Humanity, as I'm considering that for next year. Overall have you been happy with this plant? Wondering how it would do in my heat. Very pretty. Soleil d'Or has to be my second favorite here, what a beauty!

o

Hope for Humanity is very good, vigourous, healthy, and continiuosly blooming. It does want to get taller than it is, and has absolutely no fragrance. It was completely hardy outside, in a pot, with no shelter or protection all winter--hardy to the tips. I am considering giving it away to a good home, though, because it would really be happier in a larger size, and fragrance is really important to me.

I must warn you not to be seduced by Soleil d'Or's beauty, however. It is very unhealthily susseptible to blackspot and is generally considered a right dog of a rose. For that reason I would never give her away, so I guess I'm stuck with her.. Historical significance is important to me, and she is the ancestor of just about all modern roses with a trace of yellow or orange in them.

o

A few more photos for this thread before I start another.

Pluto, aka Hurdy Gurdy
 photo pluto_zpsf9023712.jpg

Another photo of Distant Drums
 photo distant_zps9803559e.jpg

and another of Hope for Humanity, esp. as this may be my last week with her.
 photo hopeforhumanity_zps54cf9fac.jpg

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 21, 13 at 23:33

Lovely blooms! Mmmm... I miss my HURDY GURDY. It died last yr. Nice to see someone else growing it.

o

Wow! I love your collection of unique roses!
I had Distant Drums a long time ago and I got rid of it because I couldn't stand the myrrh smell - and the smell wafted everywhere. What do you think of the smell?

My favs are the Pompon one and Hurdy Gurdy.
Lovely, lovely.
Carol

o

I like most rose odors, but don't find the Distant Drums one so very strong. Even if I did, it is currently displayed in front of the building I work at, so I only would have to put up with it for the few minutes in the afternoon I care for them. The only rose odor I dislike is Anne Marie de Montravel, which supposedly smells like lily of the valley but actually smells rather badly, not like lily of the valley at all.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 22, 13 at 18:57

Beautiful, KSG! I love that Soleil d'Or!

o

Love Pompon de Bourgogne. I have never seen it or Duplex before, and both are beautiful. Thank you.
Renee

o

Very very beautiful roses ebb tide is may favorites rose. I love your collection of unique roses!

Here is a link that might be useful: best online shopping website for jewellery in hyderabad

This post was edited by jay456 on Fri, May 24, 13 at 3:59

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here