Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pelicanhead

My gardens this year

C Schaffner
12 years ago

We had so much rain this year my gardens are growing nicely. Here are some pics of what's going on in my yard.

Entryway

Front patio

Wedge garden

Greenhouse garden

Secret Garden

Secret garden epis

Succulents

Work in progress

John Davis (My son in law's name and Daughter's name) on left and White Dawn on right

Lots going on in the greenhouse this year. It's time to move the plumerias out for some sun.

Comments (12)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Nice! Your garden pics look great there pelicanhead!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

Lots of nice areas; in a few weeks you'll have to show us pictures again when everything is blooming even more.

• C Schaffner
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I wish I had taken pictures on Easter. Everything was in full bloom. It was awesome, I always have Easter at my house and this was the best year yet. I cut them all back last weekend.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Wowwwwww, Easter, whoohoo! And how do you keep track of soooo many varieties of plants, my head is spinning already, haha! What a prolific garden! Must put up such a wonderful Easter showing!

• bgrose
    12 years ago

You have so many interesting plants, some of them I have never seen before so it was interesting to look at your pictures. Your garden is very beautiful and organized and thanks for sharing!

• C Schaffner
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks bgrose. I like unusual plants, I've been collecting them for a while..

• lovemysheltie
    12 years ago

Very nice and exotic looking :D Love the tiki and the peacock sculpture next to the arbor is v nice!

• bgrose
    12 years ago

Can I ask, Pelcianhead, which plants are the most interesting for you? I see you have great variety and is it difficult to take care of all of them because they are so different, is it also time consuming? i have trouble taking care of the few types I have, I mean I killed a lot of plants without knowing what I am doing which made me very sad...

• C Schaffner
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I like tropical plants, roses and succulents the best. I try to pick plants that don't require a lot of care. I have lots of succulents, they don't require a lot of water or care. I love the flowers they put out every year. My plumerias don't require much care. I just feed them every once in a while and put them in the greenhouse every winter until around May. That is a bit of a chore when they get big! My roses require the most attention. I babysit my grandkids every day, so I am usually out in the backyard every day with them and do my deadheading and watering. My bromiliad and fern collection is in a rainforest area in my entryway and they get misted every few days. They are great when they bloom.

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

A very interesting collection of plants----Thanks for sharing this delightful view of your gardens.

Florence

• bgrose
    12 years ago

wow, I think your garden smells very nice - plumerias and roses will be really intoxicating fragrance mixture! I am sure your plants give you joy, I hope to see other pictures from your garden, Will you disclose to us your Secret Garden?

• C Schaffner
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My secret garden has my epis, rose arbor and succulents. Pictures 6, 7 and 8.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting