Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Some blooms from this last week

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

I been so busy with downloading and tweaking photos, I'm going nuts!! My hands ache from all the mouse clicking!! The irises are rampant right now, and I think I've taken a thousand pics this last week. Once they are done blooming, I can really concentrate on the roses.

Here are a few of what roses have been opening up,,,

ABBAYE DE CLUNY - hasn't bloomed much in several yrs... nice to see some good ones this yr!

{{gwi:1231799}}

ALWAYS LOVE YOU

{{gwi:1231800}}

BEAUTIFUL BRITAIN

{{gwi:1231801}}

CANDIA

{{gwi:1231802}}

CHARTREUSE DE PARME - this bloom was about 6-7" and smelled delicious!

{{gwi:1231803}}

DOUBLE FEATURE

{{gwi:1231804}}

LOUIS DE FUNES

{{gwi:1231805}}

MUNSTEAD WOOD - new one hard to photograph well... gorgeous deep plum-purple coloring in real life...

{{gwi:1231806}}

ORCHID MASTERPIECE CL

{{gwi:1205478}}

TICKLES - uh oh, looks like it might be virused!

{{gwi:1231807}}

WILDFIRE

{{gwi:308470}}

WINTER SUNSET

{{gwi:1231808}}

Guys, let me know how these show up on your monitors. This new operating system and the photo editing program are way different from my old Windows XP and Photoshop. They seem to upload darker online than they show up on my desktop for some reason.

Here is a link that might be useful: My albums

Comments (16)

• queenbee_1
    13 years ago

As always, your roses are beautiful! You must tell me about
    Always Love You, Beautiful Britain and Winter Sunset!! They are heavenly...Thank you for sharing with us...

• mashamcl
    13 years ago

These are gorgeous! I love Orchid Masterpiece, Chartreuse de Parme and Musnsted Wood. Sorry about your hands hurting, I know exactly what you mean:-).

Masha

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

They show up pretty good Beth, perfect in fact. Love them all, really great photos.

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

Oh wow;Beth;They are all gorgeous.I love that MUNSTEAD WOOD and TICKLES.Beautiful color on all of them, too.Are you going to post pictures of the Iris's, too?I love them also.

Jean

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

Interesting pictures. I bought two Munstead Woods. I have one in a pot and one in the ground. I figured that all the earlier comments about it made is sound rather good. I will be looking at it to see how it compares with The Prince, and how all of them compare with Cardinal Richelieu. Does Munstead Wood smell really good? The Prince does.

My roses are starting to bloom, and a bunch of them are poised waiting for a sunny, warm day to absolutely explode. Iceberg and The Herbalist are particularly loaded this time. As always, thanks for posting. I do like to look.

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Winter Sunset is a lovely shade. The photos don't look dark to me.
    Renee

• msmisk
    13 years ago

You sure have some unusual roses. Not your everyday garden variety, that's for sure. They're all beautiful !

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Queenbee, ALWAYS LOVE YOU is a nice fl from Certified Roses. For me it actually grows more like a hybrid tea tho. Blooms average about 3-4". Don't know if it has any scent or not. BEAUTIFUL BRITAIN is one I got 2 yrs ago from Hortico. I don't believe they currently have it available. It's a nice bright orange that catches your eye. My WINTER SUNSET is going on about 5yrs now and is finally taking off like a weed. It's planted in a fairly shady spot. Last couple of yrs the blooms were much lighter in color. This time they're so vivid. I don't know what the difference is, unless it's just that it's finally a mature plant. The blooms blow kind of fast tho, and the plant is very leggy.

Masha, I'm so sick of being in pain. I have arthritis really badly in almost my whole body. My hands are so bad I can't even open jars anymore. I hate it. I hate getting OLD!!

Ramblinrosez, I'm glad to hear the pics look ok, at least for you! I'm at my niece's and my craft shop right now, and on her computer, they look really bad. I don't know if it's the adjustments on her computer, or what. But the pics are darker and have either too much blue or too much green. Man, I had no idea there was that much of a difference on other computers!

Jean, I will try and post some iris pics on the Iris Gallery later this week maybe. Or maybe when I get home tonight. It's raining again! The irises will all be a mess again from it. I don't understand this weird weather. Winter just does not want to go away! It's so cold today, I had to turn the heat back on. I normally quit running it by April 1st. I think we ran it most of April too. It's weird!!

Bustopher, I seem to remember taking a whiff of MUNSTEAD WOOD, but now I can't remember what kind of scent it had. I do know it was fairly strong tho. I think it's going to become one of my favorite DAs!!

Good Renee!! I'm glad another one of you guys isn't seeing the pics too dark! And yes WS is so lovely this time. I wonder if it will fade out once the summer temps hit, tho... IF they ever do!!!

Thanks Msmisk. Yep, I love to acquire the unusual and little-known! It's more fun than having all the "usual suspects!"

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Chartreuse is 6 - 7 inches!!! Wow!! That's pretty impressive!!

Orchid Masterpiece is amazingly different looking - looks spectacular and dramatic!!

Love, love the colors on Wildfire and Munstead Wood!!!!

Thanks so much!!

Carol

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Munstead Wood looks wonderful! I have one of those squeezy balls for my hands and it helps. Also hung a loop of string by the computer to do cat's cradle. Really helps. My days of digging have been reduced to a couple of hours a day!

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

I had to run a little heat too over the weekend. I woke up saturday morning shaking.I onlt had a sheet on the bed,as I had kicked the blanket off to the foot of the bed, didn't take long for me to grab that blanket and pull it back up on me. and now its hot today again.

Jean

• carla17
    13 years ago

Beth, your photo of Munstead Wood is great! Makes me want it. Candia is gorgeous too. My Chartreuse never lived :-(. Where did you get yours?
    Your roses are always a treat to view.

Carla

• lilgreenfrog
    13 years ago

Gorgeous pictures!

Beth and Bustopher - how much sun do your Munstead Woods plants get? Do either of you know if the petals fry in full sun?
    Thanks, and sorry about the hand pain. Ugh...

Best,
    Lara

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Beth, you have posted quite some gems here!

My favorites are Chartreuse de Parme, Munstead Wood. What an astonishing photo of Orchid Masterpiece Climbing, it looks like a work of art.

Thanks for posting!

Christina

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

Lara, my Munstead Woods get sun most of the day. At this time, neither has bloomed yet. I am wondering about the petal burning issue also in view of how The Prince burns in high heat.

• Krista_5NY
    13 years ago

Wow, great pics, I especially like Chartreuse de Parme.

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA