Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy9norcal

Chicago Peace

kathy9norcal
12 years ago

One of my favorite roses of all, it has different personalities according to the weather. I never saw so much orange in it than in this spring's blooms. In heat, it can be mostly pink shades. Here are its recent blooms. I tend to like roses that are a variety of colors.

Comments (14)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Gorgeous pics--but I'm amazed at the orange shades. Used to grow Chicago Peace years ago, and don't remember orange, but regardless of what shade it picks up, I can think of only one rose that has lovelier coloring: its "softer" cousin the original Peace rose.

Kate

• C Schaffner
    12 years ago

This is one of my favorites, too. It';s always changing and you never know what you're going to get.

• bluederby21
    12 years ago

I agree Kate - I was quite surprised to see the Apricot and Orange shades. I picked up two Chicago Peace roses earlier this year and so far all my blooms have been shades of pink with yellow undertones but no visible orange yet. I'm hoping I'll see the orange hues in cooler weather or as the rose ages. It's my first year of Chicago Peace.

Regardless, Dublin your Chicago Peace roses are lovely! You should upload that 2nd photo to the HelpMeFind rose photos database. It's picture perfect :)

• bluederby21
    12 years ago

Sorry in my previous post, 2nd sentence I meant to address Kathy not Dublin (Kate) - AHHHH too many "K" posters HaHa :D

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

I too am crazy about the 2nd photo of Chicago Peace, Kathy! and ditto on it being an HMF stunner. I just love orange/apricot combinations. That's why I got Folklore! and the next one I'm hoping for is Royal Dane for 2012...

• davidchance
    12 years ago

I agree those pics are first rate. Hopefully with lots of practice my pics can be half as nice.

Love those colours!!! It sure blooms different in 9 then for me in 7.

• priszm
    12 years ago

Beautiful! The coloring reminds me of my Easy Does It.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Such large beautfiul blooms. I'm surprised too at the color. I bought this rose this year. Can't wait to see it bloom. It doesn't have scent, does it?

Carol

• kathy9norcal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

David, mine looks just like yours when opened most of the time. Spring has been very unusual this year. But I always felt this rose had two different personalities. See an older photo :) (with sweet chariot buds)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    12 years ago

I'm totally kicking myself for not buying this rose a few weeks ago.

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

I think this is one of the "greats" is our climate. Mine always has had apricot-peach shading in it. I often thought from others' pics they'd been sold a mis-named rose. Now I better!

• shkl56
    12 years ago

Thanks for the pictures!!! I can't wait for mine to bloom.....first timer :)

• cambel
    12 years ago

Chicago Peace has been one of my most reliables. Your orangy one is really unusual! Still one of my favorites in spite of the lack of scent, just an all around gorgeous plant!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Kathy - just love that photo - reminds me of Winchester Cathedral/Mary Rose buds I've seen on this forum. Just gorgeous!!
    Carol