Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

A few gadenview shots

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

Please take a look at a few gardenview shots I've taken with my husband.

{{gwi:1232353}}

{{gwi:1232354}}

{{gwi:1232355}}

{{gwi:1232356}}

{{gwi:1232357}}

{{gwi:1232358}}

{{gwi:1232359}}

{{gwi:1232360}}

{{gwi:1232362}}

Thank you very much for looking,

Marina

Comments (18)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Marina, your garden is overwhelmingly beautiful! Your roses are spectacular in every way and the whole scene, including your house, is just so impressive. You should be very proud of what you've accomplished. It's also so beautifully maintained, as though you had an army of gardeners.

Ingrid

• roserobin_gw
    11 years ago

gorgeous! can you tell us what roses are pictured please.

• molie
    11 years ago

Very lovely, Marina, but I wish you had indentified some of your plantings, especially the red roses in frames 3, 4, and 6 because I'm thinking about adding a red rose to my garden!
    Molie

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

Not only are you an amazing gardener, you take really great photos. Love the roses.

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much!

Ingrid, my garden is overwhelmed by weeds, they just don't obstruct the view on the pictures:) And, I don't have an army of garden helper, I wish I had... May be, when we win a lottery:)))

Mollie, red roses you are interested in are:
    frame 3 - tall one is a climber Rosanna, the other red is a shrub by Poulsen, Kronborg Castle.

frame 4 - a climber by Kordes, Amadeus

frame 6 - a Meilland rose named Mona Lisa

I have quite a few roses in my garden that are not widely available in the States, I am lucky to have a friend who imports roses and sometimes shares cuttings with me.

Marina

• dove_song
    11 years ago

Ahhh, what relaxing views of your & your hubby's home & garden. Looks like heaven on earth. Thanks so much for sharing, dear! :)

God bless you both.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

Very pretty.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

What wonderful roses! I'm not sure which I like best--the short view (wonderful roses) or the long view (forests of trees)!

Kate

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Just outstanding!!! Beautiful beyond words....I have one thought, tho....Dead heading!!! I don`t envy you that! I worked on two climbers tonight, and I am exhausted...HA! Thank you for sharing the beauty of your garden. Lesley

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

WHoooooaaaaa, more ultimate SPECTACULAR-NESS! What a joy to see so many special and very rare roses!!!! I wish my friends at Peter Beales were close by to help me buy all those amazing roses. The third is my absolute most favorite color spread too with the deep purples and pinks. I also love the Meilland roses but can never afford the money to get custom roots -- at the most once a year can I shell out the money.

Anyway, oh, so spectacular and most spectacular and BEYOND Heavenly, Marina!

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Wow! Awesome! What year did you plant these roses? They say Seattle and NC are the best states for growing roses. I think you changed that!

Do you fertilize, or let them go for what they know?

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ladyrose, I started my garden from scratch in year 2007. Before that it was a bare spot. Here are a few pictures of my yard at the time we moved here. A few plantings that you might see are done right after we bought the house. Before that it used to be a hay field.

Here is a link that might be useful: My garden soon after we moved here

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Your garden is breathtaking!

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

I just looked at your before pictures---You sure made a paradise out of nothing---So much beauty !---I like your home---

Florence

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Ditto what Florence said- a paradise from nothing in a few short years. What a beautiful garden you have created, and your roses are so unique and well-grown. I love the shapes of all of you shrubs- so natural looking. Thank you for all of the beautiful photos- keep them coming!
    Renee

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Seil, Florence, Renee, thank you, dear ladies! I am so proud that people notice my garden coming together.
    And, although it's a full time job, I enjoy it thoroughly.
    Funny thing - after the first flush, I dream of Fall and Winter, so I can do planing, weeding, mulching and tidying my garden :))) Summers are a killer here, for everything but weeds:)))
    Marina

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I mean 'planting', not 'planing' :) Sorry for typo.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Holy cow! What a garden...I knew you had a big garden because everytime I go to add a new rose to my list on HMF, you already have it! lol

Tammy