Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally getting some blooms

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 11 at 13:45

It's been a long cold winter, and spring hasn't been anything like normal. It's still not terribly warm on a regular basis, and usually by this time we're in the high 90's. We had a light rain last night and it's barely 60 degrees this morning. Weird!

The roses have been slow to emerge. They are fuller and lusher from all the rain, and if I can keep the deer away, I'll have lots of gorgeous blooms!! Right now the irises are coming on full board, and I can't keep up with the photos! My new camera isn't anything like the old one and I have to do soooo much tweaking to get the colors and picture sizes right. It takes hours and hours. But I just wanted to throw out a few of the rose blooms from the last week here. As you can see, there's weeds to be pulled and a little B/S showing, and the stuff you see on the leaves in some of the pics is the massive amount of pollen we're experiencing right now. Oh, and those tiny little bugs... yuck...

BLUE VIOLET
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

FRAGRANT APRICOT

IRISH CREAM

JESSIKA

MY CHOICE

RADOX BOUQUET

RUBENS

SHOWTIME

SPICED COFFEE

TROIKA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally getting some blooms

Thank you for the eye candy.
Lovely blooms, each and every one of them.

o

Thanks for posting, your roses look great Beth!
Nice to see them as it will be (mid June+ until ours bloom.

o

Thanks for posting. The Blue Violet is quite nice. My Fragrant Apricot was the first one to open so far also. Some others are coming along and are open now. Our weather has been fickle, but it has not been real bad so far. Knock on wood.

o

I think I like Troika the best; although I really like Showtime, Jessika and Blue Violet.

Being so far up north and so far away from blooms, makes me really appreciate all of the pictures posted here in the Gallery. So thank you very much for sharing the beauty of your roses!!

CArol

o

They are all wonderful, Beth. Glad it warmed up enough to get them started.

o

Very pretty blooms Beth, thanks for sharing them with us.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, May 8, 11 at 22:01

They're all beautiful, Beth, thank you! That Blue Violet is amazing!

o

Beth, you have interesting roses with very unusual and pretty colors. All of them are wonderful and even their names are extraordinary, like Spiced coffee, Irish Cream...Very nice.

o

Wow that Blue Violet is really pretty. Seeing that rose actually motivated me to join here just to say how nice it looks.

Where did you get that? Was it from online?

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 11, 11 at 2:10

Thanks everybody!

David I got BLUE VIOLET a long time ago from a source no longer in business. It was Michael's Premier Roses In Sacramento. He used to carry a lot of very hard-to-find roses, mostly own-root. Unfortunately, the area he was located in was a semi-rural section of Sac. About 8-9yrs ago it was being heavily developed and he got kind of pushed out of there. He just sort of disappeared from the face of the earth. I miss going there to buy roses from him. Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone carries BLUE VIOLET anymore.

o

The angle you captured on Irish Cream would make a professional stop dead in their tracks.

Troika, a Poulson rose, looks so good. Do you think it's better than Heart of Gold?

o

I love My Choice very much, it has layers and layers of multicolored petals. I am always looking forward to your new pictures, Beth.

o

lovely roses Beth! I can't wait to get my Troika/Royal Dane! I hope it will root for 2012! It will look so lovely next to my Lincolns, a far better color match than my Tiffany was. I also like the form of the Irish Cream too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here