Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Time for the oranges

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 14 at 13:48

If you know me, you know I love orange roses.
So, here are my favorites that keep a space in my small garden, year after year.

Pure Poetry, one of my first ever oranges

Outrageous satisfies the orange craving nicely

Vavoom. Pretty dark red foliage but it crisps in the high heat. Doesn't stop the blooming though.

Tuscan Sun

Samaritan

It may be an insult to call Marilyn Monroe orange?

Joshua Bradley, starts yellow, then goes orange. The ugliest, scraggliest bush ever, though.

Jean Gionos, another that starts yellow and goes to orange.

Chululy again, faded blooms remain nice for a long time. For me, a stingy bloomer after spring flush.

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Time for the oranges

You are making me fall in love with the oranges...beautiful pic.

o

What a shot of 'Pure Poetry'! A neighbor took it out! I would have been there in a heartbeat had I known. So pretty from a distance too.

All of them beautiful!

o

My favorite colour. Never seen Marilyn Monroe, so orange before.
Love Outrageous and Vavoom.

o

Love your oranges. Kathy, you have a very nice collection of roses. I am enjoying them very much!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, May 2, 14 at 23:27

Beautiful oranges Kathy! Nice to see OUTRAGEOUS. Mine died a couple yrs ago.

o

Very nice collection of oranges you have there.

o

You DO have a lot of oranges. :)
I love them all!
Joshua Bradley really caught my eye. Love the color and the shape of the petals.
Jean Gionis is one that I've always hemmed and hawed over buying. Yours looks wonderful.
Marily Monroe looks so perfect.
Pure Poetry love the color.
You have some great roses!!
Carol

o

Very nice photos! Does 'Outrageous' repeat bloom fast?

o

Outrageous does repeat quickly. It is now covered by a huge number of new buds which will open in the next week or so. This is totally unlike Chihuly, a real sleeper as far as repeat blooms. Some of the others are never without blooms.

o

I have chihuly and love this rose! It blooms quite nicely for me and I also have a Strike it Rich which has a pretty orange color.

o

Beautiful oranges, Kathy.Didnt you have GINGERSNAP, TOO?Lost mine a couple years ago,found a replacement and lost it too, so no more Gingersnap.PURE POETRY is a beauty.as well as OUTRAGIOUS, too. I can always count on seeing some gorgeous roses when I come hunt for your posts and BETH, too.

jean

o

Lucille Ball is my favorite Orange, but it's like Marilyn, it shade towards apricot. Lovely! Thanks for satisfying my orange craving!

o

Jean, I had Gingersnap many years ago, in another house, another life! I always look at it in nurseries and wonder if I should get it again. Never did yet.
Frenchcuffs, I haven't seen Lucille Ball rose in many years, I remember it being a lovely color.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, May 17, 14 at 19:37

Thanks, Kathy! These were very warming on this cold, gray, bluster MAY day! Sheesh, will it never warm up here?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here