Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
armomto3boys

My young Eden climber.

armomto3boys
11 years ago

I bought her in a 2 gal pot. This is her second year in the ground. I am so pleased with her growth and the amount of blooms! Thanks so much to these forums for educating me about growing roses(and continuing to do so).

Comments (14)

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Nicest pics of Eden I've seen in a while. Also, an interesting backdrop with the swirling stone patterns. Here, I find that Eden can't take either hate or excessive moisture and frequently just browns and rots.

• armomto3boys
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for that compliment! It was very hot here (AR) last summer (100's), and I did not get any rebloom. But, the leaves remained quite healthy. I have her on an East facing wall, so she gets lots of early sun and is shaded in the afternoon. We'll see how she does this summer.

This is my first rose.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics of a beautiful rose, thanks for sharing.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Just gorgeous--wonderful look on the stone pattern!

My Eden blooms heavily in spring, but much lighter re-bloom. Some people complain they have trouble getting rebloom from Eden. In most cases, I think that is because the plant is too young yet. It may need to get 4-5 years old in the ground, in some cases, before it reblooms better--though I seem to remember my Eden always had some rebloom, but just a limited amount the first few years.

Thanks for sharing--your dry area probably is good for your Eden. If it gets too rainy here in the spring, I have some trouble with the blooms turning brown on the edges.

Kate

• lauren.m
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! This rose is on my wish list :)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! And it will get bigger and better every year! I too love your stone work!

• armomto3boys
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again! I love the stone, too. One the best decisions I made during the house planning.

dublinbay, thanks for the info about rebloom as she gets older. I look forward to her getting better and better.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Wow! You'd laugh if I posted a pic of my Eden Climber! Its second year also, but purchased as a band, and is a whole whopping 6-12 inches tall! lol

Tammy

• armomto3boys
    Original Author
    11 years ago

TNY78, this is what mine looked like last spring. So, I'll bet yours grows a lot this year!

{{gwi:271612}}

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh- that thing went wild for you. My favorite rose- thanks for sharing your beautiful picture.
    Renee

• christy2828
    11 years ago

Wow! I admire the stone, too!! Funny thing, I think the stone looks even more amazing with the rose bush!!!

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

It looks so lovely :)

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Ooops, I could have sworn I wrote on your thread to compliment you on your lovely Eden climber! Server or my computer may have hiccuped or just had too many windows open, and accidentally didn't hit the send button....Any very lovely and congrats!

• starswing
    11 years ago

Hi I came across to this site and I've been looking for Eden climbing rose for a year! I bought one from Lowes last year and it died on me! :( now both Lowes and Home Depot don't carry it around here...
    Would anyone of you like to share your Eden roses perhaps when you prune it instead of trashing it...!? Will it be possible if you can send me Eden cuttings hormone powders and wrap it in potting soil and damp newspaper then ship? I'll surely pay for it. I do have a garden and some roses , basil, lemon grass...etc if you are looking for anything please let me know I'll check if I have it I can send you some as well.

please let me know kindly
    my email is
    starswing04@yahoo.com

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm