Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

A few more...I just can't help myself!

TNY78
10 years ago

Here's a few more from today...it seems they are all waking up at once! :)

Tammy

Acropolis
{{gwi:1233274}}

Corylus...loving the itty-bitty leaves :)
{{gwi:1233276}}

Sparishoop
{{gwi:1233277}}

Sombrueil
{{gwi:1233278}}

Persian Light
{{gwi:1233279}}

Mme Letuve de Colnet (my new French import rec'd from Angel Gardens last week!!)
{{gwi:1233281}}

John Hopper (looking a little blackspotty early on)
{{gwi:1233282}}

Eyeconic Lemonade(I love cloudy days when it holds its color)
{{gwi:1233283}}

Comments (7)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

Tammy, don't hold back; please keep posting more pictures! I love your rose selections and your French import rose is to die for. Sparrieshoop has lovely blooms but I got rid of mine because it turned into a thorny and gangly monster. You live in a different climate and may not have that problem. Acropolis is new to me, very pretty and a lovely color.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Tammy! I love the big stamens on Persian Light!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Ingrid and Seil :)

You're right about Sparrishoop, Ingrid. Even here its very tall and stiff. I really like the blooms though...it reminds me of a repeat blooming species rose or something!

Seil, don't let Persian Light fool you...its a rare sight to get a good bloom off of it...most of the time they get eaten by bugs before they bloom. So sad!

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Persian Light is amazing! And the rest, too. Don't help yourself, keep posting them!

• inga007
    10 years ago

So glad you "couldn't help yourself"
    The Persian Light is unusual looking.

• sidos_house
    10 years ago

Wonderful, Tammy. I like the leaves of Corylus too -- and its pointy buds. Sparishoop is spectacular! Its dark matte foliage looks so healthy and the flower with its shapely petals that darken so gradually is quite pretty. But I am a pushover for those over-the-top roses and Mme Letuve de Colnet, well she is beautiful.

• lelsmsk
    8 years ago

I freaked today when I went out and saw these big pink flowers on Sparishoop. I had many small own root roses for over the last 10 years and still trying to identify some so I can plant them. Last year Sparishoop got big enough to identify and I was so excited. It is one of my favorite roses and was so glad to find out I had another one and had just the right spot for it. I am so use to the peachy pink blooms with yellow stamens. Well this morning a bloom opened and it was all dark pink.. I was sure I had planted the wrong rose and felt horrible all day trying to figure out where I planted Sparrishoop... then I went on Garden Web and saw all the post of people dealing with their roses being different colors then they are normally because of the weather changes. Here in Marin CA we have had little water and it has been summer weather for 2 months. The days are nice and warm and it is chilly overnight.. Lady Banks bloomed in March.. Don Juan is full of bloom and I just pruned it again because it was putting out thin branches that were to heavy to hold up all the blooms.. Zephrine Droughin is covered with big pink blooms.. Now we have to worry about how we are going to keep these things watered through the summer.. I love those water beads and refresh them every year to keep down the need for watering.. Now I'm not sure who is going to pull them out first, the deer or the water company.